CASPA Application Cycle 2018-2019 (bay shore, manhattan, NUMC)

1 minute ago, nickbisco said:

I just got the email for an interview and I am not happy with the lack of advance notice. I will have to fly there for the day and flights are crazy expensive from where I am flying from. Don't know what to do...

Damn that’s rough :/.  Not sure what airport you were searching, ISP is closest,  but JFK or even LGA might be cheaper and you can take the train to bay shore?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 12:59 PM, Enunez said:

I just got the invitation as well. Anyone from NY who knows about where they conduct in-person mock interviews? I’m so nervous! 

Also obsessively checking !! Tomorrows the two week mark  and they did say 2-3 weeks so....

Edited by CB220

On 8/1/2018 at 1:26 PM, Saragranola said:

got an email today saying they decided to keep my application active during this admissions cycle, meaning they will combine my app with the next pool of applicants.  did anyone else get an email like this?  or has anyone been accepted?

Hmm what do u think the difference between this and being waitlisted is ?? 

On 8/5/2018 at 12:25 PM, CB220 said:

Hmm what do u think the difference between this and being waitlisted is ?? 

At the interview she mentioned that it would be at least 2-3 weeks because they were most likely going to combine us with the next interview group and then have a meeting, so I think that’s what they meant by this email. I assume if they accepted anyone prior to the second interview they had to be really exceptional.  

I don’t think they do an actual “waitlist” until after all the seats are full, but the idea is the same, they’re waiting to see if they can do better haha

Hey guys! I was officially accepted yesterday to the NUMC program

Here is my timeline: CASPA submitted and verified 6/1 and 6/5, Interview invite received 7/18, Interview 7/23, Accepted 8/8

My stats are: Overall GPA 3.9, Science GPA 3.9, Direct Patient Contact Hours 2,117 plus 4 years of teaching ESL/Special Education, References from 2 PAs, 2 professors, and my manager at my current job

Good luck everyone! ?