What's up guys! I'm confused as to which cycle I should be applying to for CASPA. But before that, here's a little background info on me 

Cumulative GPA: 3.9 

Cumulative sGPA: 3.7

Volunteer Hours: 300 hours

PT Technician: 800 hours 

Research Assistant: 300 hours 

I'm going to be a 3rd year in undergrad once Fall rolls around of 2018, and I'm hoping to attend PA school in the Fall of 2020. Any thoughts on which cycle I should be applying for? 

You need to research what schools you're applying at to see if they require a degree before you apply. Some require a degree already completed before you apply, others require it before you matriculate PA school. If you graduate Spring of 2020, you would apply summer of 2019, to start Fall 2020. If the schools require a degree before you apply, then you would apply Summer of 2020, and start Fall 2021.

• Upvote 1

Agree with aceface, in addition;

Fresh grads do get accepted but often AdComs like to see a little more PCE/work experience after your graduate. Apply spring/summer 2019 anyway, even if you don't get any interviews or don't get an acceptance, all your info stays in CASPA so it makes round 2 a lot easier, some programs also look favorably on 2nd time applicants if they show improvement (in your case would be PCE) and if you do get a few interviews it will be good practice even if you don't get accepted. 

Things to keep in mind: 1- continue to volunteer (as you have) underserved populations being preferable. 2- Expect to have to work for a year before you get accepted, it's very common. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By illinoispa
      Hi everyone,
      I'm currently a sophomore in my undergrad and I plan on applying for the 2022-2023 cycle, at the end of my junior year. I'm working on my application slowly throughout the year so I'm ready to submit early in the cycle (mid-May) and get a head start for programs with rolling admissions. 
      However, my university won't release my second semester junior year official transcript until mid-June. That means if I submit my application mid-May, I'd only be submitting my official grades up until my first semester of junior year of college. Should I wait for my official transcript to be ready and submit mid-June, or should I go ahead and submit mid-May and update CASPA once my second semester grades are ready?
      I'm so torn on what to do. I'm afraid if I only have 5 semesters worth of grades on my transcript, I will be seen as a weak applicant. On the other hand, I'm afraid if i don't submit early I'll potentially lose some interviews. I know once I submit my official transcript, the grades I update won't count towards my GPA, but I'm not worried about that because I'll most likely have around a 3.75 gpa regardless. 
      Any advice is appreciated!
    • By Gilyprepa
      Hey everyone, there are still tickets available for those who are interested in the Loma Linda PA program. We have changed our event from zoom to being ON CAMPUS. There will be prizes raffled off. Due to some restrictions still being in place, the tickets that are being sold will only allow one person per ticket. More info on the flyer and event bright website. Thank you so much! Hope to see you there. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/llus-3rd-annual-pre-pa-conference-tickets-145958073527
      prePA conference final draft flyer On CAMPUS.pdf
    • By abaren
      Hi everyone! I’m looking to take on some more pre-PA students who need help with CASPA review, personal statement brainstorming/editing and interview prep.
      I’m 4.5 years out of PA school with experience in NYC and Baltimore and am a former interview committee member! 
      Please send an email to applyingtopaschools@gmail.com for more info and pricing!

• By PAApplicant22
      Hi I’m a first time applicant and would anyone be interested in looking at my personal statement and seeing what needs to be revised? Here is the link down below 
      Personal Statement copy.docx
    • By vjaniceb
      Hi there, my name is Vanessa and I just graduated with my bachelor's in February. I am looking to pursue into a PA program but not quite sure where to start. I am currently studying for the GRE and have about 250 internship hours done at an ENT clinic with an audiologist. I'm not sure in what I am doing and need any guidance or suggestion in what to do. 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More