East Carolina University Application Cycle 2018-2019

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, courtwilson said:

Congrats to everyone who has received interview invites and has been accepted! ? I just received an interview invite today for September 25th - has anyone else !?

Congrats!!!! May I ask when your application was verified and first marked as “under review by program”? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2018 at 3:51 PM, ecb220 said:

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted already! I just got the interview invite today - so excited and so nervous lol. Do you all mind sharing any tips for interview day? I’m scheduled for October 16!

Congrats on your interview invite! I just did my interview yesterday, and I'll tell you that ECU does a good job on making you feel really relaxed. I was really nervous but everything is very straightforward, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about!

44 minutes ago, phamofmetal said:

Congrats on your interview invite! I just did my interview yesterday, and I'll tell you that ECU does a good job on making you feel really relaxed. I was really nervous but everything is very straightforward, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about!

Oh wow - thank you so much, this is exactly what I needed to hear! I have been so nervous, even though I keep reading that a lot of people enjoyed the ECU interview... I appreciate the feedback so much, best of luck to you!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an interview invite today! Someone cancelled their invite, and they called me to see if I can make it tomorrow. 

So excited!!

For those that have interviewed already, did you bring anything extra, transcripts etc, with you or just come as you are dressed in your best?

Anyone else on here interviewing tomorrow want to meet up beforehand since we do not have to be at the campus until around 12? If so, let me know. 

2 hours ago, rtimmons said:

I just got an interview invite today! Someone cancelled their invite, and they called me to see if I can make it tomorrow. 

So excited!!

For those that have interviewed already, did you bring anything extra, transcripts etc, with you or just come as you are dressed in your best?

Anyone else on here interviewing tomorrow want to meet up beforehand since we do not have to be at the campus until around 12? If so, let me know. 

You don't need to bring any additional stuff with you! Good luck tomorrow! The staff is extremely nice and welcoming

6 hours ago, ecb220 said:

Interviewed on 10/16 and just got the call of acceptance!!!! I am so beyond shocked, but so excited!!!! God is so good!! Wishing and hoping the best for all of you!!!

Well congratulations!

I was there with you, although I was in Group 1 who did half of the MMI's first then toured with Jeremiah, then the rest of the interviews. What are your stats, if you don't mind sharing them?

Who was it that called you?

Hopefully, I will be getting that call soon myself!!

56 minutes ago, rtimmons said:

Well congratulations!

I was there with you, although I was in Group 1 who did half of the MMI's first then toured with Jeremiah, then the rest of the interviews. What are your stats, if you don't mind sharing them?

Who was it that called you?

Hopefully, I will be getting that call soon myself!!

Thank you so much! I was actually in the same group, as well!!

Undergrad: NC State - class of 2016

Major: Nutrition science, minor in psychology

GPA: 3.7

GRE: 155 (quant), 153 (verbal), 5.0 writing 

HCE: 2 years as medical assistant/front desk receptionist, been working since April as a medical assistant in a medical weight loss clinic ~3000-4000 hours

Other work experience: Head swim coach, swim instructor, TA for Intro to Nutrition Science

Volunteer experience: Bible study leader for high school girls for 1 year, one semester of research with cognitive psychology professor 

No shadowing experience 

LOR: 1 MD, 1 NP, 1 professor 

I think I hit everything ? Wishing for the best for you as well! Dr. Gindoff was the one who called me!

Archived