East Carolina University Application Cycle 2018-2019

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree, I received an email Monday that they were postponing the graduate school application opening day to today (July 18). It was originally scheduled for Monday (July 16). Hopefully now that the graduate school application is open, we will start hearing about our application status! 

On 7/18/2018 at 4:47 PM, SDPA19 said:

Just submitted my supplemental application!! Woo! Does anyone know how competitive ECU is? They only accept students from a few states but I've heard its incredibly hard to get in.

I went to an information session there last fall.

They are VERY competitive. They have a high pass rate for 1st time PANCE takers. I think they only accept 36 per year. Receive almost 2,000 apps per cycle, only about 130ish interviews offered. 

Then there is this off of their page to give you a better frame of reference:

Accepted applicants for the Fall of 2018 averaged the following scores:

• Cumulative GPA: 3.63
  • Science GPA: 3.54
  • Prerequisite GPA: 3.6
  • GRE Score (New Scores): 312
  • GRE Analytical Writing: 4.4

I plan on submitting very soon. Good luck to everyone. 

Rob

I'm assuming they were flooded with applications on 7/18 because I just received an email this morning that application was completed and under review. 

CASPA 6/02  

Supplemental ECU 7/18

@prePA21 How long did it take between the time you received the completion email and your interview invitation?

I just want to clarify make sure I have everything covered-

It was stated no less than four times throughout ECU’s program application that there was no need to submit any supplemental documents when applying to this program, because they are all available to ECU via the third party application site (CASPA). 

Does this include transcripts? Did any of you send additional transcripts? Thanks in advance! 

3 hours ago, Piperpottamus said:

I just want to clarify make sure I have everything covered-

It was stated no less than four times throughout ECU’s program application that there was no need to submit any supplemental documents when applying to this program, because they are all available to ECU via the third party application site (CASPA). 

Does this include transcripts? Did any of you send additional transcripts? Thanks in advance! 

Correct, just complete your application in CASPA and then submit the application to the grad school. 

On 7/26/2018 at 8:47 AM, SDPA19 said:

I'm assuming they were flooded with applications on 7/18 because I just received an email this morning that application was completed and under review. 

CASPA 6/02  

Supplemental ECU 7/18

@prePA21 How long did it take between the time you received the completion email and your interview invitation?

9 hours ago, Piperpottamus said:

This may be a strange question, but how long after you were notified that hour application was under review did you hear about your interview? I just looked, and mine is under review! ? 

I actually got that email about a week after I got my interview invite and was confirmed.

13 minutes ago, cardiacpack94 said:

Congrats to those who have been offered interviews! 

I recently received an email that my application is now under review. How long did it take anyone to hear any news (good or bad) back after receiving this email?

Mine has been under review since 7/30. Hoping to hear something soon! Good luck to you!

Archived