LSU-Shreveport 2018-2019 cycle

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kmm4385 said:

Has anyone else already interviewed this cycle? I interviewed on the 24 and got accepted but haven’t heard anything about the accreditation of the program, so it’s kind of making me nervous 

So when did you hear you were accepted? 

They are accredited.

and congratulations!

14 minutes ago, Armywife said:

So when did you hear you were accepted? 

They are accredited.

and congratulations!

In sept 2016 they were placed on Accredidation-probation. They were up for evaluation again in the past couple weeks so I’ve been waiting to get an update on that. I found out the day after my interview, but haven’t heard from them since 

16 hours ago, Armywife said:
17 hours ago, Kmm4385 said:

Has anyone else already interviewed this cycle? I interviewed on the 24 and got accepted but haven’t heard anything about the accreditation of the program, so it’s kind of making me nervous 

Congratulations on your acceptance! That was a fast turn around on finding out. Did they call or email you? If this is your top program, you may can call and ask them if they got accredited.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:24 AM, Monet said:

Congratulations on your acceptance! That was a fast turn around on finding out. Did they call or email you? If this is your top program, you may can call and ask them if they got accredited.

I found out the following day via email. They emailed us again today and said they haven’t heard anything about the acredidation status yet!

On 10/4/2018 at 9:13 AM, SEC995 said:

Hey guys, just found the forum!

I interviewed on 9/24 and found out I was accepted that day! 

Good luck to everyone!

If you don't mind me asking, how competitive was your application? Did you have a high GRE, GPA, health care experience? I interviewed on 10/8 and I'm anxious to hear back from them!!

On 10/4/2018 at 9:13 AM, SEC995 said:

Hey guys, just found the forum!

I interviewed on 9/24 and found out I was accepted that day! 

Good luck to everyone!

I’m so impressed by those of you who’ve been accepted already. Congratulations! 

I interviewed 10/8, and haven’t heard anything, so feeling a bit concerned. I wish it could have been in your shoes to hear the same day...the wait is worse than it was for the interview, but at least I’m still hopeful. No one else has posted from 10/8, so maybe they haven’t met yet to discuss it.?

13 hours ago, Armywife said:

I’m so impressed by those of you who’ve been accepted already. Congratulations! 

I interviewed 10/8, and haven’t heard anything, so feeling a bit concerned. I wish it could have been in your shoes to hear the same day...the wait is worse than it was for the interview, but at least I’m still hopeful. No one else has posted from 10/8, so maybe they haven’t met yet to discuss it.?

Hey! I interviewed on the 8th as well and I'm super anxious. Every time I see an email notification I get super nervous! I'm just following on here to see if anyone from our interview date has received any information

15 hours ago, hhhunter said:

Awesome! Congrats!! If you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats?

My GRE was a 310, my GPA was 3.976, my HCE was 800 and something, volunteer hours about 1,600, and shadowing hours about 150. I really think getting accepted has a lot to do with your attitude at the interview, and how well you stay calm during the different stations. 

On 10/13/2018 at 2:32 PM, Monet said:

Does anyone have an idea on how many applicants have been accepted thus far?

I heard that they're interviewing more applicants this year because more people applied. I've never heard a definitive number but I would like to know too!

Archived