Slippery Rock Interview

• 1 month later...

Hey all, I was just curious about the interview process. Some people said it was more of the interviewers  "getting to know you" though I also saw replies suggesting you had to answer 3 situational questions within the 15 minute time slot. Just curious as to what it actually was for people who already interviewed this cycle. Thanks!

I will be going to the November 13th interview date. Anybody have any tips for SRU's interview process. What type of interview was it and is there MMI? Also, I would love if you guys would share what you believe is the best criteria for answers to the questions like "Why do you want to be a PA" What is a PA" and questions along those lines? Thanks:)

Edited by TMayne2

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:56 AM, PA72492 said:

"If you are considering to enroll in the PA education program and be certified/licensed in a state other than Pennsylvania, please check the specific requirements for licensure in your state. if you are considering to work as a PA in other states that may require certification/licensure, you should first seek guidance on your state's requirements."

Can anyone explain this further? PANCE is a national test yet each state has different requirement?   

I believe that this is included due to SRU's Accreditation-provisional status. I would explain what that means, but I think that this website would help you understand a whole lot better. Typically, getting licensure in another state is a non-issue, especially if you are able to get a residency/ clinical rotations in another state. Hope this helps! http://www.arc-pa.org/accreditation/provisional-accreditation/

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2018 at 4:15 PM, Abentley324 said:

To all accepted students, I too am curious if there is a Facebook group for us. I’m sure that the material necessities for students will be given to us via email and some point soon. Let me know if the page is already made. Best of luck to all applicants. 

I am also curious about this to meet other students from our future class!

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, svwich said:

Hey all, I was just curious about the interview process. Some people said it was more of the interviewers  "getting to know you" though I also saw replies suggesting you had to answer 3 situational questions within the 15 minute time slot. Just curious as to what it actually was for people who already interviewed this cycle. Thanks!

This is true. There is a group interview with 2 timed questions and an individual interview with 3 situational timed questions. You have 15 minutes I believe that are available to you in each of those 2 interview sessions.

I too am wondering this! Let us all know if you hear anything. I was sent the checklist and was told I need a medical terminology class. I wanted to know if it is worth me taking this right now (I'd like to take this class anyway to better my application but I am wondering how urgently I need to take it). I wanted to email and ask the program but figured I'd wait until they finish the application process with their last round of interviews. 

On 11/23/2018 at 11:53 AM, TMayne2 said:

Does anyone know if Slippery Rock will disclose your ranking on the waitlist? I just want to know if I even stand a chance of getting into this school this year (It doesn't really change my plan to better myself for this upcoming cycle but it would help ease some of my anxiety to know where I am on the list). Thanks!

I was reading the forum from the 2017-18 cycle and apparently not according to this post.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:56 PM, becky3byam said:

I too am wondering this! Let us all know if you hear anything. I was sent the checklist and was told I need a medical terminology class. I wanted to know if it is worth me taking this right now (I'd like to take this class anyway to better my application but I am wondering how urgently I need to take it). I wanted to email and ask the program but figured I'd wait until they finish the application process with their last round of interviews. 

Take Medical Term now. It is super easy and it doesn't hurt to have it done. No reason not to have a class you need for most programs really.

• 5 weeks later...

For the students that have been accepted, has anyone heard from the program at all? I submitted the deposit and paperwork months ago, but I have not heard anything about who is in the class etc. Just thinking about looking for roommates and apartments. Thought this was a good time to start looking for apartments. So, if anyone is looking for some girl roommates please reach out! thanks! 

• 6 months later...

Hi, I was accepted for the class of 2022, but wanted to know, if I choose to practice in another state after graduating from SRU, what is the process really to be licensed in another state? I know PANCE is the same for all, but is there anything else that needs to be done for each particular state? TIA

3 hours ago, mkprepa8 said:

Hi, I was accepted for the class of 2022, but wanted to know, if I choose to practice in another state after graduating from SRU, what is the process really to be licensed in another state? I know PANCE is the same for all, but is there anything else that needs to be done for each particular state? TIA

Was your interview on July 12th or earlier in July? Did you receive your acceptance via email, mail, or phone call? I interviewed July 12th and haven't heard anything yet. Thanks!

Edited by DrummerManRyan

8 hours ago, DrummerManRyan said:

Was your interview on July 12th or earlier in July? Did you receive your acceptance via email, mail, or phone call? I interviewed July 12th and haven't heard anything yet. Thanks!

My interview was on 06/28 and I heard back from them on 07/09. I received an acceptance email first and today an acceptance packet in the mail. All the best of luck to you 

On 7/15/2019 at 8:29 PM, mkprepa8 said:

My interview was on 06/28 and I heard back from them on 07/09. I received an acceptance email first and today an acceptance packet in the mail. All the best of luck to you 

Also accepted! Got the email today. Thank you for the heads up for about how long it took you. Eased a lot of stress. Looking forward to meeting everyone in June. Might start up a Class of 2022 facebook page. 

Edited by DrummerManRyan

On 7/18/2019 at 3:00 PM, DrummerManRyan said:

Also accepted! Got the email today. Thank you for the heads up for about how long it took you. Eased a lot of stress. Looking forward to meeting everyone in June. Might start up a Class of 2022 facebook page. 

Awesome, congratulations. I look forward to meeting everyone as well. If you do start a facebook page for the class of 2022, please let me know so I can join