Jump to content
KatelynK

CSS 2018-19 Application Cycle

Recommended Posts

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:56 PM, mitteh71 said:

Congratulations! I see you got accepted to several programs. Do you mind me asking where you are going to attend?

Only one school didn't impress me, and that was mainly due to the classroom settings and location rather than the curriculum/staff. For the other four programs, I created a spreadsheet of my impressions and other stats. I currently am deciding between two programs (one MN and one IA) and am waiting to hear back from one other that I've interviewed at. So at this point, I haven't made a decision, although I likely won't attend St. Scholastica. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone who was accepted tell us how long of a "grace period" you have before putting down a deposit at CSS? I'm just trying to get a general timeline here. Congrats to those who have been accepted, both at CSS and at other schools! 

Also, I'm assuming everyone who applied at CSS now has an answer (waitlist, accept, decline), but out of curiosity, is there anybody who did not receive that type of email from them yet? 

Last question: Anyone who applied in previous years, do you know how much the waitlist moved after the initial email was sent? CSS is my top choice, and I just want to know if I should be taking my last prerequisite this spring, or a different school's last prerequisite as a backup plan. Of course, none of you know the "correct" answer to that, but just a general idea would help 🙂 It seems like a lot of people were waitlisted. 

 

THANK YOU ALL and best of luck in the next few months!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied last year and was also waitlisted. A friend of mine was outright rejected last year, so I think they do send out some rejections initially. I do not think there was much movement in the waitlist, but I am not sure. I have head that the program/some students were struggling last year, so hopefully this has improved!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cmaloney02 said:

Congrats!! Me too. 

 

Did you get that email today, or on 11/30?

No, on the 30th, but I was up north mn and did not have much cell service! Just checked today! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, cmaloney02 said:

Can anyone who was accepted tell us how long of a "grace period" you have before putting down a deposit at CSS? I'm just trying to get a general timeline here. Congrats to those who have been accepted, both at CSS and at other schools! 

Also, I'm assuming everyone who applied at CSS now has an answer (waitlist, accept, decline), but out of curiosity, is there anybody who did not receive that type of email from them yet? 

Last question: Anyone who applied in previous years, do you know how much the waitlist moved after the initial email was sent? CSS is my top choice, and I just want to know if I should be taking my last prerequisite this spring, or a different school's last prerequisite as a backup plan. Of course, none of you know the "correct" answer to that, but just a general idea would help 🙂 It seems like a lot of people were waitlisted. 

 

THANK YOU ALL and best of luck in the next few months!!

I learned I was accepted on 11/30 through email and have until 12/14 to pay the deposit. So 2 week grace period. To my knowledge CSS doesn't rank or number waitlisted individuals so it's difficult to know how much movement will occur or has occurred in the past. I went here for undergrad and it's a good program that has rotations throughout northern MN (though expensive like all the other MN PA programs). I currently have a friend who just started clinical rotations here this fall and enjoyed her didactic experience.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 3:58 PM, cgates812 said:

I applied last year and was also waitlisted. A friend of mine was outright rejected last year, so I think they do send out some rejections initially. I do not think there was much movement in the waitlist, but I am not sure. I have head that the program/some students were struggling last year, so hopefully this has improved!

I was waitlisted as well for the last two cycles and actually got offered a seat for the class that started just last September. More than half our class was waitlisted initially last year, with people hearing in January all the way to a week before classes started. So since it’s still a new program, don’t give up hope if you are on the waitlist! And from what I have heard, things are going a lot better this year than last. 

Edited by JTpole
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTpole said:

I was waitlisted as well for the last two cycles and actually got offered a seat for the class that started just last September. More than half our class was waitlisted initially last year, with people hearing in January all the way to a week before classes started. So since it’s still a new program, don’t give up hope if you are on the waitlist! And from what I have heard, things are going a lot better this year than last. 

That's really good to hear! Thank you!! Fingers are really crossed. I hear back from another program on Friday, so we'll just see what happens! 

How are you liking the program?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ColtonRod28 said:

I was pulled off of the waitlist this morning! However, I will likely be declining the seat. Best of luck to the rest of you!

Congrats! Glad to hear it's moving. Did they contact you via email? Best of luck with everything!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got accepted this morning also! I would love to hear from current student about their experience at CSS.

 

Thank you!

Edited by FCWVT
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also accepted off the waitlist yesterday morning!

I live in Duluth so I had the chance to sit down with a 1st year student in the program and chat a bit (since I knew so little about the program due to no interview/visit & it being such a new program). 

She was very insightful and said the program is really nice & organized. In addition, the staff and faculty are very willing to make changes to help the students and want the students to help make the program the best it can be!

The facility is brand new and sounds super cool! They have a clinic on site & are working on getting the PA students able to see patients (PT & OT students can already!)

also, she really liked the interprofessional opportunities that the PA students get. They interact with and take classes with the other grad health programs!

hope that helps!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2018 at 11:22 AM, ColtonRod28 said:

I was pulled off of the waitlist this morning! However, I will likely be declining the seat. Best of luck to the rest of you!

Congrats! Where did you accept a seat if you don't mind me asking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, meganb1996 said:

I was also accepted off the waitlist yesterday morning!

I live in Duluth so I had the chance to sit down with a 1st year student in the program and chat a bit (since I knew so little about the program due to no interview/visit & it being such a new program). 

She was very insightful and said the program is really nice & organized. In addition, the staff and faculty are very willing to make changes to help the students and want the students to help make the program the best it can be!

The facility is brand new and sounds super cool! They have a clinic on site & are working on getting the PA students able to see patients (PT & OT students can already!)

also, she really liked the interprofessional opportunities that the PA students get. They interact with and take classes with the other grad health programs!

hope that helps!

Will you be attending CSS? I'm assuming so because you live in Duluth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an email today that I am accepted off the waitlist! I am so excited! 

I have until January 7th to make a decision and submit my deposit. I will probably be taking it. I do have an interview at UW-Madison in February and I put down my deposit at Midwestern in Downer's Grove earlier this month. After not getting accepted anywhere last year it feels so good to actually have two options. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was accepted this morning! I will, however, be declining because I took a seat in Indiana! Good luck to everyone else!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More