Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Oh btw, I live nearby LMU so if anyone comes for an interview and finds themselves in need of help, directions, or just restaurant recommendations, feel free to contact me. ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Accepted on Wednesday the 24th and I've been trying to make the email so that I can pay the deposit but every time I out in the email the way they've asked for it, it says incorrect username/password. Is anyone having a similar problem? I emailed the help desk email that they provided but haven't heard back from them yet. Thank you so much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that are interviewing on Dec. 7th, does it fall during your finals? Im supposed to have a final exam that day and my professor may not let me make it up. She said it was not an excused absence and inconvenient for her. Any advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sarahe571 said:

For those that are interviewing on Dec. 7th, does it fall during your finals? Im supposed to have a final exam that day and my professor may not let me make it up. She said it was not an excused absence and inconvenient for her. Any advice?

I would express to her how important this interview is or ask if you can take the final sooner...before Dec 7th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, msfpa01 said:

I would express to her how important this interview is or ask if you can take the final sooner...before Dec 7th.

She said she would think about it so I am going to give her the week and then go talk to her in her office on Monday! I accepted the interview and then found out that she may not let me retake the exam. So I dont want this to look bad to the admissions committee or potentially lose a spot if I have a chance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 12:42 PM, NPthePA2018 said:

For those who have an interview next Friday (November 16th), would anyone like to meet up before the mixer with the current students? 

Hi! I would love to. I am driving from Florida and hoping to arrive an hour before the mixer. Should we try to meet somewhere?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 11:52 AM, 2021PA said:

Does anyone have any idea about their waitlist process and the chances someone is accepted from the waitlist? Thanks 

Hi,

The last interview date is in February. More than likely they will start pulling applicants from the wait-list after that interview date. A good way to be proactive is to keep Norma Wells up to date regarding any criteria that wasn't met for the requirements. Keep her updated with any patient care hours you're accumulating. 

Students in the current class have been accepted the week before school began all the way in May. There are a good chunk that were pulled off the wait-list as well.

Remember if you got the interview then you have what it takes to matriculate through LMU. If there were any negative aspects of your application that you feel were under-par compared to others in your cohort then work on those in the mean time.

Best of Luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2018 at 12:19 PM, PopPA said:

Hi,

The last interview date is in February. More than likely they will start pulling applicants from the wait-list after that interview date. A good way to be proactive is to keep Norma Wells up to date regarding any criteria that wasn't met for the requirements. Keep her updated with any patient care hours you're accumulating. 

Students in the current class have been accepted the week before school began all the way in May. There are a good chunk that were pulled off the wait-list as well.

Remember if you got the interview then you have what it takes to matriculate through LMU. If there were any negative aspects of your application that you feel were under-par compared to others in your cohort then work on those in the mean time.

Best of Luck!

Thank you for the information! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All! I am new to this forum however I will be attending the December 7 interview date. I look forward to meeting those of you who also have this interview date!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kkamos1 said:

Hello All! I am new to this forum however I will be attending the December 7 interview date. I look forward to meeting those of you who also have this interview date!

Hey there!  I'll be there and planning to attend the social the night before as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

22 hours ago, thatgirlonabike said:

Hey there!  I'll be there and planning to attend the social the night before as well.  

 

I will be there! Also I have a room with an extra bed if anyone would like to split the cost!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 4:16 PM, sarahe571 said:

Does anyone have any suggestions for preparing for the interview? 

 I interviewed back in November, and here are some great tips on what to expect.

Pre-interview day You'll meet some of the 1st year students if you plan to go to the social the night before & they're more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the program. Attire is casual, you can wear whatever you want. If you have extra time, find out where exactly the building is on campus. My GPS failed me on interview day & I ended up on the other side of the campus. 

Interview day Eat breakfast at the hotel/bring some snacks. LMU did provide some snacks, but it wasn't sustainable for the whole 6-7 hours that you'll be there. Lunch is provided. Also, take in account that it will probably snow the night before which will take more time for your car to heat up. If you're staying at the hotels, start your car around 7:20 if you want to be there by 7:45.

On interview day it's business professional attire and I would recommend a jacket for the mini campus tour. The day starts off with mini introductions of the interviewees (name, where you're from, something interesting about you) and the faculty. 

There are presentations about the didactic/clinical phases, student presentations, & financial aid information. Each interviewee will also get a packet with this information. There are 2 interview sessions (morning and afternoon) along with a 20 minute writing assignment after lunch. On the back of the interview schedule, you will be divided into 5-6 groups. This is how your group order is placed for the morning and afternoon interviews. There will be 2 interviewers with 2 questions each interview. Most of the questions they ask you are situational, so you can make it personal. One good advice I've gotten from a 1st year is to branch out to explain personal ideas/experiences to back up your answer(s). After the morning interview, there is a "laid back" period. Feel free to talk to your morning interviewers, other interviewees, or introduce yourself to your afternoon interviewer. As for the 20 minute writing assignment, I would reflect on what made you want to pursue this profession. After your afternoon interview, you're done for the day. I ended mine around 2pm. 

*****The people who are interviewing you have never seen your application. They do not know what your GPA is, GRE score, HCE hours, research, etc. The only information they know about you prior to the interview is what you share during your mini introduction. They already know you have what it takes to get through the program because you've received an interview. The faculty is super genuine & want the interview sessions to be an opportunity to know their future students. Knowing this would have helped ease my nerves prior to the interviews. 

Post interview The admissions coordinator was extremely fast on letting you know of their decision. I interviewed on a Friday, I found out Tuesday morning. If offered a position, you will have to pay a $500 seat deposit that goes toward your tuition. There is also a Facebook group page created for the LMU-DCOM PA class of 2021 so if you're accepted, feel free to join and get to know your future PA family! 

If you have any other questions, let me know. Good luck to all on upcoming interviews!

Edited by NPthePA2018
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention, if anyone needs a place to stay the night before the interview, my boyfriend (he's in the LMU Medical Program) and I live in Middlesboro, KY -- 9 minutes from campus and we have a spare room! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More