2018 - 2019 applicants

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 8/12/2018 at 2:12 PM, PopPA said:

Hi,

So here's the run down...You will have 2 separate interviews through the day both consisting of you and two faculty members; The faculty will be different for each interview. They will literally ask you only two questions per interview so be adamant about answering your questions with relatable experiences. The general rule is that you shouldn't prepare due to the risk of sounding like a robot -- yes, that's true but thinking about notable experiences you have had and being able to articulate those clearly will definitely help. Also, bring questions to ask them because if you don't the interview will be less than 5 minutes and you won't get yourself across. Your questions will determine how interested you are in the program. The faculty that will interview you has no idea what's on your application so sell yourself after the two questions by sharing something like "I would like you to know that I [awesome experiences/skills/features/hobbies/talents] ..."

1st interview is right after they do their program introduction and the director's presentation. The second interview is right after lunch so I recommend not to load up on carbs; there will be a financial aide presentation before 2nd interview. Everything else is the same as other schools -- you tour the facility, current students will give their presentation, and you get to interact with all the other interviewees. There is downtime when the interviews are happening so just get to know everyone.

If you can go to the mixer the night before then please do. The current students were great at answering questions and bringing the anxiety down. Don't worry they're not judging you so be yourself.

Hopefully, I've covered all of it...let me know if you need any more information.

Best of luck!

Source: Current student.

Hey! I am interviewing next month! Thank you so much for this. Hopefully it all applies to this year as well.