2018 - 2019 applicants

On 8/23/2018 at 1:21 PM, livin said:

Does anyone know if there are alternatives to the Organic Chemistry 2 pre-requisite? Such as taking higher level Biochemistry or Physics 1 and 2, etc?

I’m not sure but if you emailed Ms. Eldridge I am sure she would be able to answer that for you. I received an interview and I haven’t taken organic chemistry 2. So if I was accepted, I would have to take that class too.

Guest thatgirlonabike

I finally submitted my application this weekend and my supplemental will be there tomorrow.  I had to find a PA which was the most horrible experience ever and then complete my shadow hours ("luckily" I broke my arm and was out of work so I got that done quickly).  I hope I'm not too late for the October interview!  I really, really want to attend this program. 

5 minutes ago, Patelpd1 said:

Received an invite as well! Would you mind sharing info from your last interview there? Thanks! 

Everything PopPA said earlier in this thread pretty much covers it! There are two interviews, where two or three faculty members members ask 2-3 questions. They give presentations and you get to see a tour of the school. Any specific questions about it other than that?

On 8/28/2018 at 12:38 PM, Hilly said:

I'm an alumni from undergrad, looking to go here for PA school. There is only one good hotel!

Sleep Inn & Suites
Address: 
1260 12th St, Middlesboro, KY 40965

I volunteered with the Remote Area Medical mission that was held on-campus this summer and stayed at the Tazewell Motor Lodge. It is very close to campus, clean, quiet and inexpensive. Small, family-run place. It is old, but perfectly adequate and safe. 

Guest thatgirlonabike

Hey @gala9944

I had my PA write a letter on facility letterhead that stated I shadowed her for 40 hours.  She also graciously wrote me a letter of recommendation.   I self-reported my Resident/MD/DO hours since they weren't an actually requirement for application.  They didn't ask for any verification for employment/PCE hours so I didn't submit anything other than my state and national licenses.   

Edited by thatgirlonabike
spelling

On 8/28/2018 at 11:28 AM, WrightsvilleBeach said:

Hey! Does anyone have any recommendations on which hotel to stay at for interviews?? Thanks you!

I just looked at the information that was given in the attached document of the LMU interview invite email. I booked a hotel room at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Middlesboro.

Guest thatgirlonabike

It's been a month since the last interviews were sent out.  They sent two rounds out in August but none yet in Sept?  I'm trying to figure out the rhyme and reason behind it because I'm going crazy.  What gives??!!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:12 PM, PopPA said:

Hi,

So here's the run down...You will have 2 separate interviews through the day both consisting of you and two faculty members; The faculty will be different for each interview. They will literally ask you only two questions per interview so be adamant about answering your questions with relatable experiences. The general rule is that you shouldn't prepare due to the risk of sounding like a robot -- yes, that's true but thinking about notable experiences you have had and being able to articulate those clearly will definitely help. Also, bring questions to ask them because if you don't the interview will be less than 5 minutes and you won't get yourself across. Your questions will determine how interested you are in the program. The faculty that will interview you has no idea what's on your application so sell yourself after the two questions by sharing something like "I would like you to know that I [awesome experiences/skills/features/hobbies/talents] ..."

1st interview is right after they do their program introduction and the director's presentation. The second interview is right after lunch so I recommend not to load up on carbs; there will be a financial aide presentation before 2nd interview. Everything else is the same as other schools -- you tour the facility, current students will give their presentation, and you get to interact with all the other interviewees. There is downtime when the interviews are happening so just get to know everyone.

If you can go to the mixer the night before then please do. The current students were great at answering questions and bringing the anxiety down. Don't worry they're not judging you so be yourself.

Hopefully, I've covered all of it...let me know if you need any more information.

Best of luck!

Source: Current student.

Hi there! I was trying to see how many students get accepted on LMU's website but I could not find it. It did say it was one of the largest PA Programs. I was wondering if you knew how many students get accepted?