2018 - 2019 applicants

Figured I'd get this going!

This is my alumni university and top pick for PA programs! 

CASPA submitted 5/6

Supplemental mailed 5/2

Materials received 5/7

The past two years I submitted in September and was denied in December. Really hoping for a better outcome this year. - Third time applicant

GPA: 3.0

Science: 3.0

GRE: 305 w/ 4.5 analytical

pt care hours: >4500 with PA, PCP, Ortho, derm

Letters of rec from: previous professor/now medical professor DCOM, Ortho doc/supervisor, and PCP PA/shadowing preceptor.

Guest thatgirlonabike

I'm doing my best to apply here.  I just found out about it after planning to apply to 4 other schools.  The only annoying bit is that they won't accept my MD shadowing so I am desperately trying to find at PA to shadow for 40 hours.  

I also have to take a medical terminology class even though I've been in the medical field for 10+ years.  That part is just funny yet doable.   

The PA shadowing thing is driving me crazy.  My friend is an urgent care PA and she's willing to let me shadow but her hospital system will only let people shadow for 8 hours.   

2 minutes ago, thatgirlonabike said:

I'm doing my best to apply here.  I just found out about it after planning to apply to 4 other schools.  The only annoying bit is that they won't accept my MD shadowing so I am desperately trying to find at PA to shadow for 40 hours.  

I also have to take a medical terminology class even though I've been in the medical field for 10+ years.  That part is just funny yet doable.   

The PA shadowing thing is driving me crazy.  My friend is an urgent care PA and she's willing to let me shadow but her hospital system will only let people shadow for 8 hours.   

Find a PCP PA that's local! Most will let you shadow without a problem! I went to my local doc's office! They were more than happy to help!

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone is wondering about their timeline. Here is the email I was sent

"Thank you for applying to Lincoln Memorial University’s Physician Assistant Program.  We have received your supplemental application, resume` and your $50 fee.  It takes a week to ten days to process fees.

The Admissions Committee will begin evaluating applications that are complete the end of June.  This means we must have received your supplemental, check, resume and your CASPA must be verified to be reviewed.  We will not begin interviews until the end of September and we will continue to interview through February to fill the Class of 2021.  You will receive a letter or email from us only if we require any further information or if your status changes. "

We strongly recommend that you follow our letter of reference requirements on CASPA.  This will affect your overall score and your acceptance into the program.  References are to be less than one year old with at least one letter/reference must be from a physician assistant. A second letter must be from a different physician assistant, physician, dentist, podiatrist, or optometrist. The third letter must be from an academic advisor, science/mathematics professor, or current/recent employer.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest thatgirlonabike
22 hours ago, Apat22 said:

Does anyone know anything about the interview process? 

There is a lot of good information in last years thread.  

On 8/8/2018 at 1:03 PM, Apat22 said:

Does anyone know anything about the interview process? 

Hi,

So here's the run down...You will have 2 separate interviews through the day both consisting of you and two faculty members; The faculty will be different for each interview. They will literally ask you only two questions per interview so be adamant about answering your questions with relatable experiences. The general rule is that you shouldn't prepare due to the risk of sounding like a robot -- yes, that's true but thinking about notable experiences you have had and being able to articulate those clearly will definitely help. Also, bring questions to ask them because if you don't the interview will be less than 5 minutes and you won't get yourself across. Your questions will determine how interested you are in the program. The faculty that will interview you has no idea what's on your application so sell yourself after the two questions by sharing something like "I would like you to know that I [awesome experiences/skills/features/hobbies/talents] ..."

1st interview is right after they do their program introduction and the director's presentation. The second interview is right after lunch so I recommend not to load up on carbs; there will be a financial aide presentation before 2nd interview. Everything else is the same as other schools -- you tour the facility, current students will give their presentation, and you get to interact with all the other interviewees. There is downtime when the interviews are happening so just get to know everyone.

If you can go to the mixer the night before then please do. The current students were great at answering questions and bringing the anxiety down. Don't worry they're not judging you so be yourself.

Hopefully, I've covered all of it...let me know if you need any more information.

Best of luck!

Source: Current student.

Edited by PopPA
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 1:49 PM, Hilldon0123 said:

I received an interview invite this morning as well for September 21st! Does anyone know how many are invited to each interview and how many there are? Or roughly how many people usually interview?

There were roughly about 30-40 students per interview group. The entire faculty interviews the students. You have two interviews. One in the morning and the other in the afternoon. You are asked two questions and that’s it. I highly highly recommend going to the dinner before the interviews! 

Be yourself in the interview, the faculty genuinely wants to get to know their students. 

Best of luck!

Class of 2020 PA student