Figured I'd start one off!

CASPA submitted 5/6

Supplemental mailed 5/2 - verified 5/8 - spoke with woman about pre reqs 5/14 -need higher A&P prior to 12/2018 to be considered

I haven't heard anything yet! I am so anxious to hear back it feels like I applied forever ago. I don't think interviews have gone out yet. Anyone else heard anything?

On 8/16/2018 at 11:27 AM, MusicandMedicine said:

I haven't heard anything yet! I am so anxious to hear back it feels like I applied forever ago. I don't think interviews have gone out yet. Anyone else heard anything?

Nope, I don't think they start reviewing applications until September 1st. 

On 8/17/2018 at 9:24 PM, Lizli1 said:

Nope, I don't think they start reviewing applications until September 1st. 

That's what I figured, thank you for the reply! Can't wait to hear back 

On 8/19/2018 at 10:37 AM, MusicandMedicine said:

That's what I figured, thank you for the reply! Can't wait to hear back 

Got some inside, Central doesn't even have the interview panel around yet (or trying to form it still). So I'm assuming that after the 1st they will start rounding up who will even be apart of the committee or whatever.

Good luck! 

On 9/8/2018 at 4:30 PM, trumanin1 said:

Did anyone hear from CMU, it has been awhile since any update on the application 

No word yet on the application reviews.

Last year people began hearing back on 9/19! 

On 9/8/2018 at 4:30 PM, trumanin1 said:

Did anyone hear from CMU, it has been awhile since any update on the application 

• Upvote 1

CMU undergrad applicants heard back. Gotta wait now for the non CMU students (CMU students are offered interviews if they meet the minimum requirements and are interviewed prior to the rest of the applicants)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm a CMU undergrad and have not heard yet. Did you hear that from someone else who applied this year? 

1 minute ago, Lizli1 said:

I'm a CMU undergrad and have not heard yet. Did you hear that from someone else who applied this year? 

Yes my friend told me of her friend who applied and is a CMU grad and she’s interviewing sept 29th I believe 

26 minutes ago, LER21 said:

Yes my friend told me of her friend who applied and is a CMU grad and she’s interviewing sept 29th I believe 

Huh that's strange! I am guaranteed and interview there and I don't have a date yet... maybe they are doing two rounds of Cmu alum? 

That is strange! Make sure to check your spam folder and everything. If you meet the minimum requirements you should be offered an interview, and if a few days go by and you hear nothing I’d call them and see if they have your application and are still considering it!

3 minutes ago, LER21 said:

That is strange! Make sure to check your spam folder and everything. If you meet the minimum requirements you should be offered an interview, and if a few days go by and you hear nothing I’d call them and see if they have your application and are still considering it!

Yeah I do meet the requirements, I talked to them before I applied, though now that I think about it I never got an initial email from them stating they'd received my application.... hmmm 

Edited by Lizli1

There were about 80+ applicants just from CMU. So they are sending out the rest of the e-mails by this week/early next week. At ease fellow chips, your interview email will be here soon! ❤️ Best of luck to everyone! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

So do they interview the CMU alum THEN send out the invites to non alum? Or will they send out all invites before they hold the first interviews? I'm a non CMU alum and just trying to understand when I can expect to hear any news ?

• Like 1

Wondering the same! I'm from a different university in Michigan but am very interested in CMU's program ? the waiting game is the worst!

• Like 1

This just sent to all of CMU alumni. They're interviewing all CMU students first, then the other applicants it seems. And they can only interview 24 at a time I guess. So stay patient everyone!

I just accepted the tentative date for mid-October! Does anyone want to do mock interviews or go over questions together, PM me! :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emt212 said:

This just sent to all of CMU alumni. They're interviewing all CMU students first, then the other applicants it seems. And they can only interview 24 at a time I guess. So stay patient everyone!

I just accepted the tentative date for mid-October! Does anyone want to do mock interviews or go over questions together, PM me! ?

that makes sense! so us non-CMU alumni can expect to hear later? Trying to remain patient ?

@trumanin1There are 40 seats per class. 

@knicole Yes. Non-CMU alumni expect to hear later but I would call the PA admissions office and see if they have a date for sure that you guys should hear by. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Emt212 said:

@trumanin1There are 40 seats per class. 

@knicole Yes. Non-CMU alumni expect to hear later but I would call the PA admissions office and see if they have a date for sure that you guys should hear by. 

Thanks EMt212

How many out of state candidates they take ? Any idea