Medical Mission Trip Opportunity

Hi Guys, 

I am a Pre-PA student and now an Ambassador for a non-profit called Building Bridges of Hope.

LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR MEDICAL MISSION TRIP August 11th-18th. NO MEDICAL BACKGROUND NECESSARY

I am leading a trip to the Elisa Pina Province, Dominican Republic for a medical mission trip. We will be in the most medically underserved area of the DR. In this trip, we will spend a week in El Llano where we spend most of our days helping in mobile medical clinics and other days helping in the communities where needed. 

The clinics will take place in very remote villages in mountains along the border of Haiti. The patients that we see are Dominican and sometimes Haitian that have walked many miles to receive care for themselves or their children. We have a station set up to assess the children for malnutrition. We then give out 1000 calorie peanut butter packets, fortified rice, and vitamins in accordance to their need.  Others will be assisting the doctor(s) and nurse(s) with whatever is needed which includes taking vitals, passing out medications, and more. The doctor will be holding consultations with the patients. 

For the community aspect, we spend one day in the preschool the nonprofit made to help lower the malnutrition in the area, where most affected are preschool age because they are left at home alone while their parents are working. My last trip helped at a preschool and painted, other groups have built bunk beds for a family or help elsewhere in the community.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, OR WANT MORE INFORMATION- or know someone that is interested, I have a few more spots open on my trip. 

email me at emd007@aquinas.edu or text me 989-309-0011

bbohdr.org (non-profits website) 

Thanks! 

Erin

Archived