Sunkist77

Derm PA private vs corporate salary, schedule, etc.

Any derm PA's out there who work at Kaiser, Sutter, CA Skin Institute, Berman, or other larger corporations? I'm working in private practice now and have a lot of flexibility with my schedule which is nice, but not the kind of benefits and salary I think I could potentially have at the other. Could you share your experience as far as schedule, salary and/or benefits? And, if you've worked both private and/or corporate, which do you prefer and why? Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By jj123
      Hey all,
      I’m a PA in my first year of practice at a family medicine community health center. We are backed by a large hospital system that provides great benefits and a very fair salary, located in the southwest in a relatively low cost of living area. We have an annual review coming up and I was wondering what percentage is fair to ask for a raise or if a raise is even appropriate after 1 year? AAPA salary report is not very helpful in my state, not a ton of PAs are responding so I feel like the numbers are not a great representation of the average. 
      Salary now is just north of $95k for 8-5 5 days per week job and benefits are fantastic. There is a bonus structure but it’s vastly unattainable so I don’t factor that in. We’re also a federally qualified health center that qualifies for 2 loan repayment programs - one through the state and another through the federal government - that I am still in the process of applying for. Thanks for any insight you may have! 
    • By ShaquelPA
      Hello I'm new to this website and forum but I have a plan to continue my education to become a Physician Assistant specializing in Dermatology. I wanted to hear from PAs or students who are in the minority specially the African/black community. I am a 24yr old Female, Jamaican-american. I plan on applying to a PA program here in Florida in the next 4 years, and was hoping to get some more information and advice please!!
      I will be attending an accelerated program (5-6months) to be a Medical Assistant (Sept.- Feb. 2020).
      After I am licensed in MA, I would like to reapply to UCF for my biomedical sciences degree. Where I can get in my hours for healthcare experience as an MA and finish my bachelors before applying to PA school.
      I have just a few concerns:
      1. Is becoming a MA worth it before PA school? or worth the money to go to school for?  I'm worried because most companies here are looking for bilingual MAs. I do want to learn another language preferably Spanish, but later on while I get my B.S in Biomed (Also I do not want to be CNA or RN).
      2. Is a biomedical science degree more looked at to enter a PA program? Which degree/major is also acceptable if I decide not to go the science route but I make sure I take my required science classes? 
      3. As a minority do we have an advantage or disadvantage to enter a PA school? 
      4. Does anyone have experience as a PA student either at NOVA or Barry University? If so, how are the professors and the overall work load?  
      5. After becoming a PA, do we experience racism throughout the country in our profession? (Regardless if we do or not, no one is going to stop me from doing my job correctly, I will treat every race with respect. I would just like to know because I'm curious since again there is not many of us as PAs.)
      6. How was the job search for you as a minority? How long did it take to land a job in your specialization?
      7. Are there any forums or websites to find a black PA to shadow? or if anyone can refer me in central to south Florida locations?
      8. I am highly interested in this career but want to know if this profession is worth committing to and seeking a job for in the years of 2024-2028? I know that's a stretch time but I like to be prepared lol 
      Thank you for your time!! 
    • By bathinrouz
      Hey yall, 
      Im facing a bit of a dilemma. I got a new grad offer for a Surgical Position that is offering me the package below in NYC
      105K Base Salary 
      10% Night differential 
      20 PTO days, 8 paid holidays, unlimited sick time, 12 weeks of paid salary for sick leave
      8-10% Increase every year
      Health package as well
      The reason I am conflicted is id like to make a counter offer for more but dont know how to go about it. A friend of mine got a similar deal but 5K more out east without negotiating in the same system.
      How should I go about negotiating it? What are some tips you can provide to get it higher salary or a better benefits package. Why would would there be a discrepancy between both? 
    • By bathinrouz
      Hey yall, 
      Im facing a bit of a dilemma. I got a new grad offer for a Surgical Position that is offering me the package below in NYC
      105K Base Salary 
      10% Night differential 
      20 PTO days, 8 paid holidays, unlimited sick time, 12 weeks of paid salary for sick leave
      2-3% Increase every 6 months based on merit 
      8-10% Increase every year
      Health package as well
      The reason I am conflicted is id like to make a counter offer for more but dont know how to go about it. A friend of mine got a similar deal but 5K more out east without negotiating in the same system.
      How should I go about negotiating it? What are some tips you can provide to get it higher salary or a better benefits package. Why would would there be a discrepancy between both? 
    • By PAC1234
      Hey guys, thanks in advance for your input. 
      I am renegotiating my contract at a FP location in WV. I have been here 3 years. Was hired in 2016 with a 3 year contract. I was hired as a new grad and started at a base salary of $80,000 with $1000 pay raise yearly for 3 years. I have a bonus structure of 25% bonus of receipts over 28,000 monthly.
      Benefits: 401K match, paid health insurance, disability, malpractice, $1500 CME, 25 days PTO as well as major holidays off. I do take call via phone 1 out of every 6 weeks but it is built into my salary. 
      New contract offer is for 5% raise yearly for the next 3 years: so starting in June my salary would be $86,100, then 90,405, then 3rd year 94,925. Would keep same benefits and bonus structure. 
      I know the salary is a little low for the average but since my office pays my husband and I's health insurance (around $12,000/yr) I feel like I can't press much more. 
      Just wanted to see what others thought before we have an actual sit down meeting about it. 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More