On 3/12/2019 at 11:01 PM, jmpa6 said:

Would you mind sharing stats as I’m applying this next cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, sure thing!

CASPA calculated GPAS:

• cGPA: 3.65
  • BCP: 3.69
GRE: 150 (reading), 160 (math), 4 (writing)

- 365 shadowing hours (100 pediatrics PA, 90 urgent care PA, 175 cardiology MD)
- 350 hours volunteering at local EMS squad 
- 50 hours volunteering at hospital/nursing home
-a bunch of other volunteering events at school (up to 250 hours)

So I didn't have much direct patient care hours, but I am a part of a D1 Cross Country/Track and Field team, the treasurer and community service coordinator for SAAC (student-athlete advisory committee), and neurobiology research student. 
Edited by mlingx3

Yes, sure thing!
CASPA calculated GPAS:
  • cGPA: 3.65
  • BCP: 3.69
GRE: 150 (reading), 160 (math), 4 (writing)   - 365 shadowing hours (100 pediatrics PA, 90 urgent care PA, 175 cardiology MD) - 350 hours volunteering at local EMS squad  - 50 hours volunteering at hospital/nursing home -a bunch of other volunteering events at school (up to 250 hours)   So I didn't have much direct patient care hours, but I am a part of a D1 Cross Country/Track and Field team, the treasurer and community service coordinator for SAAC (student-athlete advisory committee), and neurobiology research student. 

Wow thanks and what is BCP? Could I PM you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, smartypagirl said:

Hey Guys! Just wanted to give you an update. From what I've just heard today 3/14 is the last interview date. Good luck to everyone who has already interviewed! 

Please share the source of the information because for the past few years there have been three weeks of interviews with sessions held on every Tuesday and Thursday with invitations going out initially on the first business day after the Feb 15 Mark and then every consecutive Thursday they send invitations for the upcoming week. Maybe this year they did more candidates per day. 

3 hours ago, PAny93 said:

Please share the source of the information because for the past few years there have been three weeks of interviews with sessions held on every Tuesday and Thursday with invitations going out initially on the first business day after the Feb 15 Mark and then every consecutive Thursday they send invitations for the upcoming week. Maybe this year they did more candidates per day. 

Students and staff confirmed that it was the last interview date. They've interviewed about 150 people out of 1800+ applicants. 

On 3/12/2019 at 2:06 PM, futurephysassistant12 said:

Does anyone know the class size of this program? I see the PANCE pass rate is good for 2019, but only 13 people took the test. I am wondering what the reason is for this.

Can you tell where you saw this? The class size is 30. 

Acceptance letters or calls will begin to roll out soon!!

Starting the first week of April 2019.

So be attentive to your phones and unknown numbers Haha. 

If you're lucky enough to be accepted be proud, this is an amazing program and its faculties work diligently to bring you the best education to make you a star in your knowledge of medicine. 

Once accepted, the competition is over. You're all going to be in the same pot. No one is out to "get" you. DON'T BE A JERK TO YOUR CLASSMATES (and future colleagues).

Sophie Alum

Edited by PC2ED
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, PC2ED said:

Acceptance letters or calls will begin to roll out soon!!

Starting the first week of April 2019.

So be attentive to your phones and unknown numbers Haha. 

If you're lucky enough to be accepted be proud, this is an amazing program and its faculties work diligently to bring you the best education to make you a star in your knowledge of medicine. 

Once accepted, the competition is over. You're all going to be in the same pot. No one is out to "get" you. DON'T BE A JERK TO YOUR CLASSMATES (and future colleagues).

Sophie Alum

Thank you😉👏👍