54 minutes ago, DianaPrince060217 said:

Hey,

Someone asked me the same question so I'll just copy and paste my response. I interviewed yesterday, 3/5, and I received an invitation for the interview on 2/19.

The email I received stated that the interview was scheduled to begin at 8AM until whenever. When I arrived, we were all held in a classroom. They only provided water and coffee, so I suggest bringing snacks to keep your energy up. There was no presentation about the program, like going over the curriculum, rotations, tuition, etc. The interview started with us having to write an essay, you have 30 minutes to complete the task. Our essay topic was about the Affordable Healthcare Act and you had to answer six questions regarding it. I don’t remember each question word for word, but one asked if you thought the “ACA should be repealed and/or replaced” and another asked if you think the “individual mandate is unconstitutional.” The AHA was our essay topic they may give you something different.

After the essay, they called us in groups of 5 to be interviewed. The interview is 2 on 1, there’s no group interview. You’ll be held in the classroom until your name is called. They told us we would be interviewed by a mix of staff, current students, and alumni. I was interviewed by an adjunct professor (sweetest lady on the planet! We bonded over our love of public health, which I have a B.S. in) and an alumna (who was intimidating to say the least). The first question they asked me was just to talk about myself and why I chose to apply to CUNY. They asked other questions regarding my application, like my patient care experience. They asked me how I would deal with a class that I'm doing very poorly in and where I saw myself in 5 years. The questioning was rapid fire. At the end of their questioning I was able to ask them a few questions.

Once your interview is done you can leave. There is no tour or after Q&A, which was disappointing. However, you can always call or email with questions. Hopefully that helps. Best of luck to you. 🙂

Wow!! Thanks! A++ for detail! Good luck and wish you the best!! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DianaPrince060217 said:

Hey,

Someone asked me the same question so I'll just copy and paste my response. I interviewed yesterday, 3/5, and I received an invitation for the interview on 2/19.

The email I received stated that the interview was scheduled to begin at 8AM until whenever. When I arrived, we were all held in a classroom. They only provided water and coffee, so I suggest bringing snacks to keep your energy up. There was no presentation about the program, like going over the curriculum, rotations, tuition, etc. The interview started with us having to write an essay, you have 30 minutes to complete the task. Our essay topic was about the Affordable Healthcare Act and you had to answer six questions regarding it. I don’t remember each question word for word, but one asked if you thought the “ACA should be repealed and/or replaced” and another asked if you think the “individual mandate is unconstitutional.” The AHA was our essay topic they may give you something different.

After the essay, they called us in groups of 5 to be interviewed. The interview is 2 on 1, there’s no group interview. You’ll be held in the classroom until your name is called. They told us we would be interviewed by a mix of staff, current students, and alumni. I was interviewed by an adjunct professor (sweetest lady on the planet! We bonded over our love of public health, which I have a B.S. in) and an alumna (who was intimidating to say the least). The first question they asked me was just to talk about myself and why I chose to apply to CUNY. They asked other questions regarding my application, like my patient care experience. They asked me how I would deal with a class that I'm doing very poorly in and where I saw myself in 5 years. The questioning was rapid fire. At the end of their questioning I was able to ask them a few questions.

Once your interview is done you can leave. There is no tour or after Q&A, which was disappointing. However, you can always call or email with questions. Hopefully that helps. Best of luck to you. 🙂

Thank you very much for the info, Good luck!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DianaPrince060217 said:

Hey,

I think I can speak for everyone and say that we all really appreciate you for taking the time to give us an insight into the interview process. Thank you so much for really going into detail of how the day played out!

• Like 2

On 3/7/2019 at 7:20 PM, Lory2018 said:

Received an interview invitation today for next week 3/14 in the morning! I'm so nervous! Let's hope for the best!

Hi,  I am also invited to this interview, did your email say where the interview will be conducted? building or room number?

Guest Janab
8 hours ago, PREPAMAXIE said:

Are we suppose to get an response email back after confirming our attendance for the interview??

I got a confirmation email telling me to bring a government issued ID photo and a pen to the interview. They also recommend bringing water and snacks because the process may last up to 5 hours.

14 minutes ago, Janab said:

I got a confirmation email telling me to bring a government issued ID photo and a pen to the interview. They also recommend bringing water and snacks because the process may last up to 5 hours.

Ok great! Thanks for the info! Did you receive it today the email?

2 hours ago, Janab said:

Thanks for the info! I haven’t received that email. Did you get it the same day after replying? 

Edited by PREPAMAXIE

Guest Janab
2 hours ago, Lory2018 said:

Ok great! Thanks for the info! Did you receive it today the email?

1 hour ago, PREPAMAXIE said:

Thanks for the info! I haven’t received that email. Did you get it the same day after replying? 

No prob. I got the confirmation email a short while after I replied to confirm my attendance.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:54 PM, PAny93 said:

Congratulations to everyone who has interviewed or has received an invitation!! Is there a phone number for the program that we can call to contact the program? 

If you go to their website,  click under PA program and Faculty & Staff, there are different numbers to call. Good luck!