• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 12:04 PM, whitecoatrosegold said:

Hey all! I'm hoping to apply to the CUNY School of Medicine when their application opens on July 1st, so I'm starting this thread. Best of luck to everyone else applying! 

Hey, 

I am thinking about applying here but the probation status is making me a little nervous. Did you already send your application in and hear anything?

thanks!
Cassandra

On 7/20/2018 at 4:32 PM, cgold13 said:

Hey, 

I am thinking about applying here but the probation status is making me a little nervous. Did you already send your application in and hear anything?

thanks!
Cassandra

I did, I sent in my application on July 4th, but from what I've heard CUNY SoM usually doesn't begin interviewing and such until after their January deadline, so it will be a while. Probably closer to February/march before people start hearing of interviews if they follow the same timeline as last year. 

And they have been accredited for YEARS, they are on administrative probation I believe but since they have been graduating PAs for years I'm not worried, I think they'll fix it quickly. This is what their website says:

The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to The CUNY School of Medicine Physician Assistant Program -Administrative Probation is a temporary status granted when a program has not complied with an administrative requirement, such as failure to pay fees or submit require reports. Once placed on Administrative Probation, a program that fails to comply with administrative requirements in a timely manner as specified by the ARC-PA may be scheduled for a focused site visit and/or risk having its accreditation withdrawn.

33 minutes ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

I did, I sent in my application on July 4th, but from what I've heard CUNY SoM usually doesn't begin interviewing and such until after their January deadline, so it will be a while. Probably closer to February/march before people start hearing of interviews if they follow the same timeline as last year. 

And they have been accredited for YEARS, they are on administrative probation I believe but since they have been graduating PAs for years I'm not worried, I think they'll fix it quickly. This is what their website says:

The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to The CUNY School of Medicine Physician Assistant Program -Administrative Probation is a temporary status granted when a program has not complied with an administrative requirement, such as failure to pay fees or submit require reports. Once placed on Administrative Probation, a program that fails to comply with administrative requirements in a timely manner as specified by the ARC-PA may be scheduled for a focused site visit and/or risk having its accreditation withdrawn.

OK awesome, thanks for the response! I guess I'll wait and apply a little bit later if they are usually not until January! Best of luck ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I am a first year student at CCNY PA Program. We have weekly club meetings on Thursdays at 12:30pm-1:30pm at Harris Hall Room 109 City College. Current students of the program get together with prospectIve students and you can ask us questions. We are also willing to help with the application process and the interview process. 

Edited by Crissy1989
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, hailstones said:

@Crissy1989 Hi Crissy! Do you feel that it would be beneficial to attend a club meeting to get a feel for the program?! If so, I would be willing to come to next week's!

Yea I do. We are always there willing to answer questions and give advice. Also, u get many different perspectives from students of the program.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Ashleyn89 said:

I know this program begins in the fall but what exactly does this school consider the fall? Does it follow the CUNY model and begin the end of August?

I believe they start in Sept based on what I’ve read on their website. I just got an email stating that they are currently in the process of reviewing applications and that we will not hear anything until Mid-Feb/March.

Edited by CASPAthefriendlyghost

12 minutes ago, CASPAthefriendlyghost said:

I believe they start in Sept based on what I’ve read on their website. I just got an email stating that they are currently in the process of reviewing applications and that we will not hear anything until Mid-Feb/March.

Ok, thank you! I just received the same email. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard about the institution's accreditation status? Last I saw on the website, they were granted accreditation. Here's what I found on the website:

The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to The CUNY School of Medicine Physician Assistant Program.  Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.

The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will be September 2024. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy.

• 2 weeks later...