Rocky Mountain University Utah 2018/19 Application Cycle

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you paramedic09!! ? I did see that and made sure to submit asap, just wondering if our CASPer scores would need to be finalized and sent to them before then? I took the CASPer last Thurs so I’m worried they won’t make it in time. Any insight? I might give them a call and will let you know too. 

I spoke with admissions today, and they were super helpful. They said that the early interview will be held in August this year, and that if CASPer scores aren’t in right on Jul 1, then we should be more than fine. Also, they said if someone doesn’t make the cutoff for the early interview, there’s always still a chance to make the interview in October!

My CASPA application was just verified today - 6/30 - and was going to sign up to take my CASPer test but when I upload front and back of my ID and picture of self, the page doesn't go anywhere, it just sits on the Have my ID ready page. Has anybody else ran into this issue? I am using the most updated version of google chrome as suggested and tried it on firefox as well where I had no luck. Also sent CASPer an email from their contact us page.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2018 at 9:16 AM, carlzbarkley said:

I spoke with admissions today, and they were super helpful. They said that the early interview will be held in August this year, and that if CASPer scores aren’t in right on Jul 1, then we should be more than fine. Also, they said if someone doesn’t make the cutoff for the early interview, there’s always still a chance to make the interview in October!

Did they. Tell you which part of Aug the interviews would be (early vs late?)?

Just curious.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:07 PM, paramedic09 said:

Did they. Tell you which part of Aug the interviews would be (early vs late?)?

Just curious.

Hey there, she didn't say when exactly interviews will be in August, just the month. She also said "probably August" for the early interview, and then the other one in October or later, so it seems like a loose timeframe! Maybe even Sept? Hopefully we will all hear soon though!

• 4 weeks later...

I just got an e-mail from Rocky Mountain saying that my application and GRE scores have been received and verified, which is weird because I submitted on 6/15 and was verified on 6/17 making sure to meet the early application deadline.  Has anyone else who meet that early deadline received the same e-mail?  This is my number 1 school (I actually was on the priority waitlist last year) and am really hoping to get an early interview.

Edited to add: I'm sure it just means that they are looking at the early applications to see who gets an interview (because the normal application deadline isn't for awhile still). Just wondering what you guys think.

30 minutes ago, paramedic09 said:

I just got an e-mail from Rocky Mountain saying that my application and GRE scores have been received and verified, which is weird because I submitted on 6/15 and was verified on 6/17 making sure to meet the early application deadline.  Has anyone else who meet that early deadline received the same e-mail?  This is my number 1 school (I actually was on the priority waitlist last year) and am really hoping to get an early interview.

Edited to add: I'm sure it just means that they are looking at the early applications to see who gets an interview (because the normal application deadline isn't for awhile still). Just wondering what you guys think.

I think you’re right! I was verified in May and just got the same email. Best wishes to you!

I got the same email on Monday and I submitted on June 28, but my application was not verified until July 2. So I am not sure if they even did the early interview thing? I feel like if my coursework was not verified until July 2 then I would not be considered to be an early applicant since I missed it by a day. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I spoke with Jeff this morning on the phone and asked when they are sending out invites. He said the deadline is October 1, so they'll send them out shortly after that. But...he also did say anything can happen in between now and that time and to be expecting something at any time! haha Figured I would update everyone ? 

18 hours ago, nataliet7 said:

Hi guys I spoke with Jeff this morning on the phone and asked when they are sending out invites. He said the deadline is October 1, so they'll send them out shortly after that. But...he also did say anything can happen in between now and that time and to be expecting something at any time! haha Figured I would update everyone ? 

That is so vague lol

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, paramedic09 said:

Do you guys with interviews mind sharing your stats( GPA, patient care, volunteer)??

GPA: 3.7, I did well on the GRE if that factors into things. 

Patient care: ~ 1000 hrs (chiropractic aide, orthopedic medical scribe)

Volunteer: outside of religious or military service, ~500hrs

Archived