Any Other PAs Commissioning to the Army?

Hey All,

I'm a EM Fellowship trained PA in the process of commissioning with the Army. I was wondering if anyone else is currently in the process. Just want to hear about your experience so far. 

Or anyone PAs that recently have, I just want to hear about your experience as such.

Thanks in advance guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Curious about this as well. Came off of active duty last year and start PA school on the civilian side in August. I serve in the NG now and I would like to hear about the process for people commissioning. I have to decide if I want to stay enlisted or switch over. 

Thanks for posting this question.  

I’m curious about your experience with AMEDD and the recruiters.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

M8trix and EMFuturePA one in the same??? My packet is done, just with timing it will get turned into the Selection Board in October. Yeah my AMEDD recruiter has been pretty efficient so there is that, but I still keep in mind that their job is to get me to sign on the dotted line. 

I don't have a link, but there is essentially a course catalog for all the AMEDD specialities and it has the BOLC stuff on there, if you do some investigative work on the interweb I'm sure you can find it like I did the one time. It basically talks about what you go over but also has the length of each course including the 65D specific stuff. I don't know if you would go to Polk because of the prior service, but who knows. 

• 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, EMPATX said:

M8trix and EMFuturePA one in the same??? My packet is done, just with timing it will get turned into the Selection Board in October. Yeah my AMEDD recruiter has been pretty efficient so there is that, but I still keep in mind that their job is to get me to sign on the dotted line. 

EMPATX How'd the selection board go?

I've been recently working with an AMEDD recruiter while in school as I will be starting clinical year in the spring. Have you talked to them about HPLRP to help with any loans? I've tried talking to mine but he doesn't seem to have much insight to offer.

Archived