Rocky Vista 2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/2/2018 at 4:37 PM, gowiththeflow said:

Just had an interview today and it went well! All the staff is very polite and really encourage you to be yourself. The group interview is at the end of the session, but overall I think you guys will have a fun time! Good luck to everyone 

Thanks for the info! Did they mention when they would be making offers? I initially heard possibly within about 2 weeks from my interview coming up on the 8th. Good luck everyone!!!

10 minutes ago, gowiththeflow said:

They said anytime from the end of this month to early spring! But that includes finalizing the class so getting those needed off the waitlist and what not. I get emails from the PA Platform and someone was already  accepted!? So hopefully we hear soon

I also get emails from PA Platform and upon reading more of the email that “accepted spotlight” was of a student who was accepted to the inaugural class & is already a student now. Don’t freak out yet guys ? I did for a sec when I got that email too

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:07 PM, beckendra said:

If you break it down by tuition alone, it's 122 credit hours with each credit hour costing $697 (currently... I imagine this will increase a little bit each year). So about $85,000 for tuition for the entire program. Their annual cost of attendance sheet (http://www.rvu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Cost-of-Attendance-for-2018-19.pdf) breaks it all down by your other costs too- housing, books, even loan fees, not just tuition. That's where that extra $84,000 comes from, it's just them estimating the entire total cost to go to school and live there.

Okay wait I thought I had this figured out but maybe I don't! The cost of attendance for both years-tuition, expected cost of room and board, fees/books etc. is a total of ~85k? That was what my impression was but the sheet indicates that cost for just 12 months; fall of 19, spring and summer of 20. Anyone have insight on this?

13 hours ago, NWdreamin said:

Okay wait I thought I had this figured out but maybe I don't! The cost of attendance for both years-tuition, expected cost of room and board, fees/books etc. is a total of ~85k? That was what my impression was but the sheet indicates that cost for just 12 months; fall of 19, spring and summer of 20. Anyone have insight on this?

~$85k is just tuition for two years. Estimated total costs for two years is ~$170k.

7 minutes ago, gowiththeflow said:

“The anticipated cost of tuition and fees for completing the MPAS will approximate $80,000-85,000.”.... direct quote from the website. No way would a program costs $170. 

The program doesn't. The sheet provided on their website to break down total costs includes room and board, miscellaneous expenses, etc. So the total costs - the total amount that RVU is estimating one would have to pay/take out loans for in order to attend their program and also live in Denver/eat food for two years - is about $170k. Estimated by RVU, on their worksheet provided on their website. Not estimated by me. I didn't come up with any of these numbers on my own.

9 minutes ago, NicoleB92 said:

I hope it's sooner than the end of the month since yesterday was the last interview date as of now!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They told us yesterday that it would be towards the end of the month too! They also said that they are going to have a pretty extensive waitlist, so hopefully very few of us will receive outright rejections. Waiting is the worst part!  

They told us yesterday that it would be towards the end of the month too! They also said that they are going to have a pretty extensive waitlist, so hopefully very few of us will receive outright rejections. Waiting is the worst part!  
Oh man, extensive wait-list huh... Maybe this wait will be longer than we thought then haha. I hope not, but you're probably right about less outright rejections which is good[emoji1696][emoji1696]

1 hour ago, NicoleB92 said:

Oh man, extensive wait-list huh... Maybe this wait will be longer than we thought then haha. I hope not, but you're probably right about less outright rejections which is goodemoji1696.pngemoji1696.png

They mentioned that some of us may not hear until the spring too. So, just be prepared to wait. ? 

Archived