Rocky Vista 2018-2019 Application Cycle

1 minute ago, NWdreamin said:

Hey guys! I'm excited for the opportunity to schedule my interview for this program! Can anyone confirm for me; their current matriculating class are currently in their first year and this next cohort will be starting next September, is that right? Thanks so much! 

Yes, that's correct! 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! 

I just received my interview invite yesterday and scheduled for the November 8th PM slot!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitted CASPA app: 9/28

Verified: 10/3

Paid supplemental application fee: 10/12

Interview invite: 10/18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STATS/Application details 

GPA: 3.0 (not competitive at all so there is hope if anyone is stressing about stats that are not competitive, it seems like this program is very interested in diverse and experienced applicants) 

Healthcare experience: over 10,000 hours 

GRE: not great to be honest 

Volunteer: ~400 hours 

Recommendation letters from clinical nurse educator, MD, and PA 

I am also on a medical advisory board for a technical school. 

So excited and incredibly nervous! Has anyone here been through PA school interviews before that can give a little insight into the types of questions and formatting?  

Best of luck to everyone! 

Joanne 

On 9/14/2018 at 8:39 PM, Kaitlin94 said:

Hey everyone, I went to the info session today and thought I’d share! The associate director said the class size will be 48 and they’re going to interview approximately 3 people for every spot. 

48*3=144 applicants interviewed 

48/144= .33*100= 33% acceptance rate 

That number makes me so nervous! 

On 10/17/2018 at 8:14 AM, mobando said:

I did not. They are probably a great program, but I did not like the fact that they said there isn't a rolling admission yet they sent out a large number of invites already. I have dealt with a couple programs in the past that once I sent all my money, they wrote back and said their class was full.  Did you decide to apply @yeilr?

@mobando I was debating whether to apply. Basing off of your experience with other schools like this, and the fact that they already sent out invites, I am not sure it is worth applying at this time ?

Hey guys! Scheduled my interview on 11/08 for the PM slot. I'm excited to see the university but am struggling to get some more in depth info on the program. Understandable as the program is very new. Does anyone have insight on what clinical rotations are like; whether they stay within Colorado or are all over the U.S? I'm also wondering how much interaction the PA cohort has with the DO program. Lastly, is anyone aware when there will be an update on their accredidation-provisional status? Thanks so much for insight friends ?

37 minutes ago, JLW12 said:

Just got my interview notification this afternoon and I am so excited! I signed up for the November 8th AM slot.  I am a Denver resident and would love meeting up with any other interviewees the day before. Can't wait!

Same, same, and same! I would love to meet up!

Hi @NicoleB92 @khope4 and @SandraM ! I was reading through this thread and noticed we are all interviewing together Nov 1st in the AM slot! 

I am new to this forum & not too familiar with the direct messaging, but if you would like to meet up the day before for a Halloween lunch or coffee please DM me your numbers & I’ll start a group text! 

If Nov 1st interviewees are already meeting up please let me know, I’d love to join!?

I just refreshed my search parameters, having not received an interview for a local school, and found the RVU program in Parker. Who doesn't love CO?!? My question though is re: cost. I thought the website said that the total cost of the program was 85k, but then the annual cost of attending is also 85k. They are coincidentally the same, right? So the expected total is about 170k? Also, does anyone have opinions about PA programs affiliated w/DO med schools? Thank you and best of luck to everybody.

On 10/20/2018 at 9:06 PM, EMTtoPAC said:

Hi @NicoleB92 @khope4 and @SandraM ! I was reading through this thread and noticed we are all interviewing together Nov 1st in the AM slot! 

I am new to this forum & not too familiar with the direct messaging, but if you would like to meet up the day before for a Halloween lunch or coffee please DM me your numbers & I’ll start a group text! 

If Nov 1st interviewees are already meeting up please let me know, I’d love to join!?

I'm also interviewing Nov 1st in the AM slot! I will DM you my number ?

On 10/21/2018 at 11:49 AM, Springie70 said:

I just refreshed my search parameters, having not received an interview for a local school, and found the RVU program in Parker. Who doesn't love CO?!? My question though is re: cost. I thought the website said that the total cost of the program was 85k, but then the annual cost of attending is also 85k. They are coincidentally the same, right? So the expected total is about 170k? Also, does anyone have opinions about PA programs affiliated w/DO med schools? Thank you and best of luck to everybody.

If you break it down by tuition alone, it's 122 credit hours with each credit hour costing $697 (currently... I imagine this will increase a little bit each year). So about $85,000 for tuition for the entire program. Their annual cost of attendance sheet (http://www.rvu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Cost-of-Attendance-for-2018-19.pdf) breaks it all down by your other costs too- housing, books, even loan fees, not just tuition. That's where that extra $84,000 comes from, it's just them estimating the entire total cost to go to school and live there.

On 10/29/2018 at 6:36 PM, RD2PAdreamer said:

Does anyone know how many interview dates they are holding?

I emailed them a few days ago and this is what they said.

We have 3 interview days early in November and there is a possibility there will be one more in December.  That hasn’t been determined yet.  We encourage applicants that already have been invited for other interviews or received acceptances to strongly consider those options since it is getting late in this cycle. 

8 hours ago, gowiththeflow said:

Just had an interview today and it went well! All the staff is very polite and really encourage you to be yourself. The group interview is at the end of the session, but overall I think you guys will have a fun time! Good luck to everyone 

I also interviewed during the PM session on 11/2. Just to add onto what gowiththeflow said, we were also informed that they have chosen to keep the class size at 36 maximum.

Archived