Rocky Vista 2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/17/2018 at 11:51 AM, beckendra said:

I'll be in the November 8th AM group as well! Coming from Indianapolis, IN. If anyone wants to get together the night before or after, I'll be in town for a couple days before flying back out! 

I'm definitely interested in meeting up the night before! I get in around 4:30 I believe, so I could meet up for dinner or drinks

On 9/17/2018 at 4:09 PM, khope4 said:

@beckendra I am coming from Tulsa OK! I'll be there the night before!

3 hours ago, pnwpabound said:

I'm definitely interested in meeting up the night before! I get in around 4:30 I believe, so I could meet up for dinner or drinks

We can touch base closer to the 8th, but we really should meet up beforehand! It would be nice to go into the next day having already met a couple people.

11 minutes ago, paPassion7 said:

How long did it take for you guys to receive the email for the supplemental fee? I submitted about a week ago. I'm trying to be patient but my nerves have gotten the best of me! Thanks!!

It does take a little while so don't panic! It took about 10 days for them to forward me the supplemental fee email. It's also a crazy part of the app season so I wouldn't worry too much if it takes a little longer ? hope that helps!

1 hour ago, GApeachPA said:

It does take a little while so don't panic! It took about 10 days for them to forward me the supplemental fee email. It's also a crazy part of the app season so I wouldn't worry too much if it takes a little longer ? hope that helps!

Glad to finally hear how long it took!  I submitted 7 business days ago, and am anxiously checking my email several times a day ?

19 minutes ago, ClearyPA said:

Glad to finally hear how long it took!  I submitted 7 business days ago, and am anxiously checking my email several times a day ?

The waiting is truly excruciating right!? But it will come! I went to their open house and few weeks ago and they even mentioned that they are getting tons of apps still so I am sure they are working through as quickly as possible!

3 hours ago, paPassion7 said:

How long did it take for you guys to receive the email for the supplemental fee? I submitted about a week ago. I'm trying to be patient but my nerves have gotten the best of me! Thanks!!

I called and they said they're waiting to CASPA. So she made it seem like CASPA sends them the apps in bathes. She said probably this week is her best guess. 

20 hours ago, flyers13 said:

I received the supplemental on 8/26 and am anxiously awaiting a response for an interview decision. For those of you waiting it took a few days after they received my verified app. Does anyone know if everyone received the supplemental who meets minimum qualifications or are they selective with it? I appreciate any feedback! Thanks and good luck! 

Im not positive but I believe everyone gets a supplemtantal. Supplementals are usually placed to help supplement the pay of the people who review applications. 

Just received an interview invite today and signed up for November 1st at 8:00 AM. I'm flying in from Los Angeles, and will arrive on October 30th. If anyone wants to meet up let me know, i'd love to hang out so we feel more connected/calm on interview day!  

Here's my stats, saw lots of people in the thread asking:

CASPA Submitted: 8/15     -   Verified: 8/20    

GPA:   Overall: 3.34    -    Science:  3.17    -    Post-Bach Science: 3.85

Hours:  EMT: 4,000+    -    Volunteer : 720    -   Shadowing: 110

GRE: 310

Good luck to everyone! sending all the positive juju your way! ?  

10 minutes ago, mobando said:

Hey just a question because I saw someone post about it before and couldn't find a response. They say they have a non-rolling admissions policy, but they are clearly inviting people to interview. How does that work?

From their website FAQ: 

• Does RVU do rolling admissions? No.

I've been questioning this myself.  I'm assuming they do not accept anyone until after the deadline? That's the only way I can see this making sense!

1 minute ago, ClearyPA said:

I've been questioning this myself.  I'm assuming they do not accept anyone until after the deadline? That's the only way I can see this making sense!

I'm just trying to decide if it's worth doing the application and paying the ~$175 for CASPA, GRE, Supplemental, etc. I did that to a couple schools last year and within 12 hours of sending them the $75+ non-refundable supplemental fee I would get a response saying they had filled all interview spots.....this was 2 months before their CASPA window closed. Wanting to make sure that isn't the issue with RVU. 

On 9/25/2018 at 11:38 AM, paPassion7 said:

I just received the supplemental fee email, a little over 2 weeks after submission, incase you haven't already gotten it!

Now the real waiting begins! ?

Just now, aberino said:

Does anyone know if we should be sending updates or the preference for this program? I submitted in mid-July and this is a top choice for me so I am just getting anxious like everyone else.  Sending positive vibes to everyone still waiting to hear back and to those with interviews coming up! ?

My friend sent her updates to RVU and they replied back that they do not accept updates!

(To my friend that's on the forum: I use you for so much information thanks for being great and helping us all be informed!)

5 minutes ago, ClearyPA said:

My friend sent her updates to RVU and they replied back that they do not accept updates!

(To my friend that's on the forum: I use you for so much information thanks for being great and helping us all be informed!)

Good to know! Thank you for the info!! ? 

2 hours ago, paPassion7 said:

Hi everyone, I just received an interview invite today!!!!! I'm so beyond excited, I think I'm still in shock! 

For those asking stats:

cGPA: 3.3

sGPA: 3.19

PCE: >3200 hours. A mix between CNA and clinical research assistant 

Shadowing: ~120 hours with multiple physicians and PAs

This is my first interview invite. For those of you who have a similar GPA and are anxiously about interviews, just know that it's possible. I never thought I would get even an interview this cycle, and I have been working toward preparing to reapply. Just stay focused on your goal. Message me if you want more info!! ?Good luck to everyone!

Thank you so much for sharing!! My stats are almost identical, so I really appreciate the encouragement! Good luck and congrats:)

On 10/3/2018 at 3:33 PM, paPassion7 said:

Hi everyone, I just received an interview invite today!!!!! I'm so beyond excited, I think I'm still in shock! 

For those asking stats:

cGPA: 3.3

sGPA: 3.19

PCE: >3200 hours. A mix between CNA and clinical research assistant 

Shadowing: ~120 hours with multiple physicians and PAs

This is my first interview invite. For those of you who have a similar GPA and are anxiously about interviews, just know that it's possible. I never thought I would get even an interview this cycle, and I have been working toward preparing to reapply. Just stay focused on your goal. Message me if you want more info!! ?Good luck to everyone!

congrats!!! when did you apply and submit everything??

Archived