WMU Application Cycle 2018-2019

Hello everyone! Congrats to those that have been accepted! I just received my "meets requirements" email today. CASPA and supplemental appl. still pending. I submitted mine at the end of September. It is my understanding that they do rolling admissions, so I guess I will be patient for my interview!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/19/2018 at 9:55 PM, LLthefuturePA said:

Hi! I just received an interview today for 12/7. Anyone else going? Also I'm coming from California, are there any places to stay that you recommend?

For those that are interested:

-Submitted CASPA on 8/30/18, Completed preliminary review ("meets requirements") email on 10/30/18 

I’ll see you at the 12/7 interview!  Unfortunately no accommodation recommendations, but I’ve found yelp super helpful for just such occasions. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say that at my interview on 12/7 the program director said they will be interviewing until February and possibly into March this year. After an interview, in about 2 weeks you will be told if you were accepted, denied or put on the waitlist. If you are on the waitlist, then you won't hear back with a decision until they finish all interviews. Basically, if you havent heard from WMU at all it sounds like there's still a lot of time to get an interview. It also might mean they are not filling all the seats right away. Hope this gives some people more info about this whole process. The waiting game is HARD. Good luck everyone! 

12 hours ago, SpartanToPA said:

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say that at my interview on 12/7 the program director said they will be interviewing until February and possibly into March this year. After an interview, in about 2 weeks you will be told if you were accepted, denied or put on the waitlist. If you are on the waitlist, then you won't hear back with a decision until they finish all interviews. Basically, if you havent heard from WMU at all it sounds like there's still a lot of time to get an interview. It also might mean they are not filling all the seats right away. Hope this gives some people more info about this whole process. The waiting game is HARD. Good luck everyone! 

Thank you for passing on this info! Definitely helps those of us who haven't heard anything for months! Hope your interview went well! 

On 12/9/2018 at 7:51 PM, AllisonH said:

For those that haven't heard anything, have you interviewed?  If so, when?

From what I recall from my 11/7 am interview group, I believe they said 1-4 weeks regarding their decision.  Though I think we're all hoping it's sooner!  

No I haven't heard anything! Nothing since I submitted. 

Archived