WMU Application Cycle 2018-2019

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lvpohl said:

I received my "We now have completed our preliminary review of your prerequisites and show that you meet our requirements" email on 10/11 and have heard radio silence since.  Anyone else in that boat? 

I received this email on 8/1 and still haven't heard anything  

1 hour ago, Ibarram10 said:

I received an invite to interview today for November 16th!!! I'm so excited!! I got the "preliminary review of your prerequisites, meet requirements" email on October 5th. 

Congrats! Mine is coming up on the 2nd. This school is a top choice for me so I'm thrilled ? 

10 minutes ago, llamagal said:

Do you think there is any method to how they choose dates for people to interview? Advantage/ preference to students with sooner dates? Since they are rolling admissions...?

That's a great question! I'm not sure. I would think that you're either qualified for an interview or not and the order in which people receive them is dependent on when they submitted. That's just a guess though.

6 hours ago, plumbbr said:

That's a great question! I'm not sure. I would think that you're either qualified for an interview or not and the order in which people receive them is dependent on when they submitted. That's just a guess though.

I don't think when has anything to do with it. Someone above said they got their prerequisites met email this month and has already gotten an interview for next month. Meanwhile, there are several of us that received this email awhile back and have heard nothing. As far as I can tell, no one has been rejected yet, so maybe they just save them all until everyone has submitted to make sure they don't want you? So they can look at all the applications before they reject people.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 2:12 PM, Paforumuser said:

Congrats!!! Do you mind telling us what your stats are so we know more what they are looking for?

My GPA is 3.72, 308 GRE (158V, 150Q, 4.5 writing). Don’t know my exact number of direct care hours but it’s somewhere in the 3,000’s, mostly volunteer EMT work.

On 10/17/2018 at 10:01 PM, pa006928 said:

Hey everyone! Just received my contingent acceptance as well! So excited and good luck to everyone getting ready for interviews!!

Also, I know the class of 2020 and other previous classes started a Facebook page for everyone to communicate in so if that’s something that the class of 2021 would be interested in let me know and I can start one and add people as they’re accepted! 

Good luck everyone!!

Please create one! 🙂

Archived