WMU Application Cycle 2018-2019

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/22/2018 at 4:21 PM, plumbbr said:

I sent in my secondary WAY back in early May and I JUST got an email two days ago saying they have finished my 'preliminary review' and that my prerequisites meet all the requirements, and that they will continue with reviewing my supplemental and CASPA applications. I'm a little confused by this and hoping it won't hurt me as they're just now looking at my stuff. 

@plumbbr I had the same thing happen to me and I was confused! I submitted on June 15th and got an email on 9/14 saying they had finished the preliminary review of my app too. 

8 minutes ago, Lilly34 said:

Hey guys! Submitted recently and just sent out my secondary. My CASPA is complete but now it has to be verified. Do they email you upon verification? I am a bit confused, do I just wait for it to say verified? Any help is greatly appreciated ? Best of luck to you all this app cycle!! 

Yeah. Just like how CASPA emails you with other updates, they'll email you when it's verified. They'll also do all your GPA calculations. I don't recall it taking very long back when I submitted, but I believe it varies based on how many applications they have to verify and calculate when you submit.

16 hours ago, geek9110 said:

Yeah. Just like how CASPA emails you with other updates, they'll email you when it's verified. They'll also do all your GPA calculations. I don't recall it taking very long back when I submitted, but I believe it varies based on how many applications they have to verify and calculate when you submit.

Thank you!!! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 11:54 AM, GApeachPA said:

I submitted May 31, got an application complete email on June 27 and have heard radio silence since. Anyone else in that boat? Not sure if it means I am just sitting on a rejection pile somewhere... lol

I'm in the same boat! Nothing since June 27 either...

1 hour ago, Ibarram10 said:

I emailed the "pa-info@wmich.edu" yesterday to inquire about my application status and then got an email today saying they finished the preliminary review....so more waiting lol

Oh that's nice they were able to tell you something, I suppose! Did you ever get the confirmation of pre-requisite completion other people have been mentioning?

2 hours ago, GApeachPA said:

Oh that's nice they were able to tell you something, I suppose! Did you ever get the confirmation of pre-requisite completion other people have been mentioning?

Yes that’s the email I got today that I met the prerequisites requirements and will “proceed with the remaining review of CASPA and supplemental application”. The only other email was from June stating they received all of my stuff. 

Im currently finishing up my masters and should be done around end of march. I saw that some of the people here were also in the same boat. I am late in applying but since the deadline is 12/1 i thought i might apply. However, the only pre-req that i dont have according to there website is developmental psyc. If i have other psychology in the masters level or UG, would that still be okay or do they specificially need developmental psyc? Just curious. 

16 minutes ago, ohitsdwhang said:

Im currently finishing up my masters and should be done around end of march. I saw that some of the people here were also in the same boat. I am late in applying but since the deadline is 12/1 i thought i might apply. However, the only pre-req that i dont have according to there website is developmental psyc. If i have other psychology in the masters level or UG, would that still be okay or do they specificially need developmental psyc? Just curious. 

Unfortunately, Western is very specific about their pre reqs. I would say they need developmental or proof that a psych class goes through the development of life. However, if you are planning on applying other places and believe a class may fit you can submit anyway. Or just send them a friendly email they are usually good about replying! 

Hi! Approximately how long did it take for them to verify those that met their requirements and then how much longer after that was your email for an interview? I submitted my CASPA in September, my supplemental last week, and received the email today for review. Thanks ? 

Archived