Case Western Application Process 2018-2019

1 minute ago, mortc15 said:

congratulations to those accepted and don't give up hope to those on the waitlist. i know at least a handful of us in the program now were offered off the waitlist (including myself). We've finally finished our fall semester and we are all looking forward to a relaxing (kind of) 3 weeks off! 

When is the latest you find out if you're a crowd off of the waitlist? 

Just now, PAmonkee28 said:

I know of someone in our program who came off the waitlist about 4 weeks before we started in May. It just depends if someone else drops from their sport because then the waitlist moves! No way to tell if it will move or not. 

20 hours ago, PAmonkee28 said:

Also, the waitlist isn't just a set 1, 2, 3...etc. BEcause they try to accept a diverse range of students, if 1 student decides to attend somewhere else, they will re-evaluate everyone on the alternate list and decide who to accept. It's unlike other programs that create a set list and offer people in order from the list. But as km said, there were a couple that were offered as late as mid April for our mid-May start date.  

Edited by mortc15

I interviewed on 11/14 and was placed on the waitlist 12/14. I was accepted to a school closed to home (VA) so I have pulled my name off the waitlist. I hope it's used to place another hopeful in the running for this great school! Best wishes to everyone! And if you do not get in, don't give up! This is my third year applying to PA schools and it finally happened! Persistence is key 🙂

Edited by kmorrison423
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

While we are waiting to hear more information from the program I thought it might be a good idea to start an unofficial facebook group for those that have committed to Case!  The group is called: This was a PAin, but we're on the right PAth 2021 https://www.facebook.com/groups/926464627743202/

Current 1st and 2nd year students are more than welcome to join as well! 

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, TayRene94 said:

Has anyone not heard anything back since their interview? I got the update back in December that they were still interviewing and should be done by January but haven’t received anything since then. Not sure if I should call someone or wait it out.

I’m in the same boat. They emailed me twice after my interview but I haven’t heard anything since. 

On 1/21/2019 at 11:00 AM, IwanttobeaPA123 said:

I’m in the same boat. They emailed me twice after my interview but I haven’t heard anything since. 

That’s what I have received too. I wasn’t sure if the “we are still considering you” meant wait listed or not. None of the emails specifically stated that I was wait listed so just don’t know where I stand.

2 hours ago, mylilacs said:

I received an email about a month ago titled "CWRU PA Program Alternate List Confirmation" and then received the call for acceptance last week.

Hope this helps! 

Thank you it does. I never received an email like that so now I’m wondering if there is someone I should email about my status and find out if I am not on the alternate list for acceptance...

3 hours ago, mylilacs said:

I received an email about a month ago titled "CWRU PA Program Alternate List Confirmation" and then received the call for acceptance last week.

Hope this helps! 

Did you get a confirmation that they received your alternate list acceptance email? I emailed them back saying I'd like to be put on the wait list after they sent out the email offering it, but never got a confirmation that they received my email.

8 hours ago, sgw1020 said:

Did you get a confirmation that they received your alternate list acceptance email? I emailed them back saying I'd like to be put on the wait list after they sent out the email offering it, but never got a confirmation that they received my email.

No, I didn't receive anything else after I confirmed my place on the alternate list until I got the call.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard any updates? At my interview, they mentioned a mid-march deadline after which they would not be accepting any more students from the wait-list, so I'm wondering if they've fully seated the class for this cycle. I saw someone say they were accepted off the wait-list in April last year, so I'm not sure how strict the deadline they mentioned is!

4 hours ago, alarbogast said:

Has anyone heard any updates? At my interview, they mentioned a mid-march deadline after which they would not be accepting any more students from the wait-list, so I'm wondering if they've fully seated the class for this cycle. I saw someone say they were accepted off the wait-list in April last year, so I'm not sure how strict the deadline they mentioned is!

There were multiple accepted as late as April last year, but perhaps they set a hard deadline this year. We will be moving as soon as the semester is over and I'm sure that will be hectic for the entire program so they might to make sure as much as possible is in place before then so they're ready for the Class of 2021 arrival.