2018-2019 application cycle

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was accepted from the Sept. 10 afternoon interview session. My first choice was Harrisburg and my second was Lock Haven. When I replied back with my choices though, they mentioned that both those campuses were currently full. So I am on the waitlist for both those two locations, but am currently placed in Coudersport. The idea of taking courses during the didactic year at a hospital is appealing to me, anyone else out there placed in the Coudersport campus? 

On 9/24/2018 at 7:07 PM, awestwood said:

How much is the seat deposit and how long is the response time provided? TIA

The seat deposit is $1000, but if you withdraw you get $500 back, which is considerate of them because I've heard a lot of other programs don't refund anything back once you pay the deposit. They give you 2 weeks to make your decision after you receive your letter/e-mail from them. 

4 hours ago, kimberz391 said:

The seat deposit is $1000, but if you withdraw you get $500 back, which is considerate of them because I've heard a lot of other programs don't refund anything back once you pay the deposit. They give you 2 weeks to make your decision after you receive your letter/e-mail from them. 

Thank you for the response! 

1 hour ago, Hailstorm1023 said:

Update: I was just offered acceptance from the Oct 1 interview! Very excited to have my acceptance. 

For anyone who knows, how long do I have to make a decision on their offer? I have another school that I’m hoping to hear from soon and want to weigh my options!

Congrats, I think during interview they mentioned that after they send the deposit information, it would be two weeks from then to make a decision. 

For those who are 100% committed to Lock Haven starting in May, specifically main campus, I am looking to live with some people! I am looking at townhouses, apartments, houses, etc. But I need some more interest from fellow future PAs. Please message me if are interested! 

On 10/5/2018 at 11:12 AM, Hailstorm1023 said:

Update: I was just offered acceptance from the Oct 1 interview! Very excited to have my acceptance. 

For anyone who knows, how long do I have to make a decision on their offer? I have another school that I’m hoping to hear from soon and want to weigh my options!

Have you received a response from them about your campus choice? I just wonder if I have any chance with Lock Haven/ Harrisburg campus

On 10/16/2018 at 4:00 PM, JoshA said:

Hello,

Does anyone have any information they would like to share on who their interviewers were and how long the interview process was (ie multiple part interview, campus tour, etc.)?

Thank you!

You'll recognize most of the interviewers from the pre-interview video however there have been a few staffing changes since they recorded it. There is a pretty accurate outline in the powerpoint that they sent out - You arrive, do a writing sample and test, they explain a brief overview of the program, and then people start getting pulled for interviews as a student casually answers questions and gives you a tour of the building. One interview, 15-20 minutes in my case, with either two staff members located at Lock Haven or they may do a video call with someone at another campus as well. You can leave after your interview. I feel like it was a 3-4 hour process overall. 

Archived