Jump to content

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, JulesQ94 said:

Hey guys, does anyone know if there is a Facebook page for our class yet? I haven't been able to find one

I haven’t seen or heard of one yet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! I will be at the November 6th interview! I was invited last week, which is surprising because in August they said my GRE writing was too low to be considered. Anyone else experience this? I know one current student I talked to was in this same situation, and was ultimately accepted. Also it seems like pretty much all of the seats are full except for Coudersport and maybe Clearfield? Does anyone have any idea how many seats are left? 

Edited by mleej

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! Congrats to everyone who has interviews coming up and/or are accepted! 

For those of you who interviewed, do you have any last minute advice? I'm super nervous for my interview next week! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, parsdefect said:

Hi all! Congrats to everyone who has interviews coming up and/or are accepted! 

For those of you who interviewed, do you have any last minute advice? I'm super nervous for my interview next week! 

i'm not be the best person for advice as i was wait listed but if I could do it over again I would say just breathe before answering questions its very stressful and i felt like i just blurted out responses that didn't even match what i went over in my head if that makes any sense. Breathe and be confident. good luck!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, parsdefect said:

Hi all! Congrats to everyone who has interviews coming up and/or are accepted! 

For those of you who interviewed, do you have any last minute advice? I'm super nervous for my interview next week! 

Get there early. As soon as they open up the auditorium they let u start writing the essay. The sooner you get there the more time you have for the essay. I don’t think I would have had trouble with the essay either way but having more time def let’s you be more relaxed and not feel rushed. Like Lexii said, breathe and just relax during the interview. You only have about 15 min so make sure you say everything u want to say but don’t talk too fast. They will more than likely ask you why you want to be a PA with the first question, or some variation of it; tell us about yourself. Take this opportunity to say everything you want to say during the interview about why u want to be a PA and what ur long term goals are as pa. During this response u may even try to answer some typical anticipated questions like “ why not NP” or where do you see yourself in 5 years. After my response to their initial question they only asked me one more question and that was “ how do u handle stress”. I figured I had answered most of their questions with my initial response. The rest of the interview was just chatting which was nice. Don’t overthink anything, be honest you’ll be fine. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone that got accepted, what kind of laptop are you planning to use for the Program? Looking for suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mjm2996 said:

For anyone that got accepted, what kind of laptop are you planning to use for the Program? Looking for suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 

I was wondering the same thing! A person who is in the program now said any laptop will work and she personally has a dell, but I am interested to see what others are going to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mjm2996 said:

For anyone that got accepted, what kind of laptop are you planning to use for the Program? Looking for suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 

Personally I think I’m going to get the new MacBook Air that was just released, but like someone else said, I’ve heard really any computer will work. I have an iPhone and iPad already, so the Mac will allow me to easily sync all my devices and transfer files, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! I have an apartment lined up in Lock Haven that is walking distance from the campus. I am looking for someone to fill the second spot. Please message me if interested! I would like to know as soon as possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ctsmith34 said:

This may be a dumb question but is there a difference between the waiting list and the "ON HOLD" status?

Seems like LHU only accepts a small amount of people initially right after the interviews, the rest are usually put in the ‘on hold’ category and a small amount are also rejected right after the interview. I believe the on hold category means just that - they haven’t chosen chosen a final decision on your application yet. The adcom do a second pass on everyone in their “on hold” category after all the interviews are done, and choose if each applicant is accepted, on a waitlist, or are no longer competitive for a seat. In past years, it looks like people in the hold category hear back in December/early January. I’m in the on hold category, and crossing my fingers! 

Edited by parsdefect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2018 at 9:58 PM, parsdefect said:

Seems like LHU only accepts a small amount of people initially right after the interviews, the rest are usually put in the ‘on hold’ category and a small amount are also rejected right after the interview. I believe the on hold category means just that - they haven’t chosen chosen a final decision on your application yet. The adcom do a second pass on everyone in their “on hold” category after all the interviews are done, and choose if each applicant is accepted, on a waitlist, or are no longer competitive for a seat. In past years, it looks like people in the hold category hear back in December/early January. I’m in the on hold category, and crossing my fingers! 

So at the interview they talked about being "on hold". However, the email stated that I was put on the waitlist. Just double checking.....so this is the same thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mcginnisshan said:

So at the interview they talked about being "on hold". However, the email stated that I was put on the waitlist. Just double checking.....so this is the same thing?

Yeah... sounds like if you're 'on hold' your app is still up in the air, and the waitlist is the waitlist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! Are accepted students required to provide their own laptops, or does lock haven provide them for you? I know each school is different, so I wanted to double check before I update mine. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mcginnisshan said:

Hi everyone! Are accepted students required to provide their own laptops, or does lock haven provide them for you? I know each school is different, so I wanted to double check before I update mine. Thanks!

99% sure we provide our own!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

has anyone received the "December update about your status" email yet from lock haven?! 

p.s still hopeful 🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More