2018-2019 application cycle

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! I will be at the November 6th interview! I was invited last week, which is surprising because in August they said my GRE writing was too low to be considered. Anyone else experience this? I know one current student I talked to was in this same situation, and was ultimately accepted. Also it seems like pretty much all of the seats are full except for Coudersport and maybe Clearfield? Does anyone have any idea how many seats are left? 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, parsdefect said:

Hi all! Congrats to everyone who has interviews coming up and/or are accepted! 

For those of you who interviewed, do you have any last minute advice? I'm super nervous for my interview next week! 

i'm not be the best person for advice as i was wait listed but if I could do it over again I would say just breathe before answering questions its very stressful and i felt like i just blurted out responses that didn't even match what i went over in my head if that makes any sense. Breathe and be confident. good luck!

14 hours ago, parsdefect said:

Hi all! Congrats to everyone who has interviews coming up and/or are accepted! 

For those of you who interviewed, do you have any last minute advice? I'm super nervous for my interview next week! 

Get there early. As soon as they open up the auditorium they let u start writing the essay. The sooner you get there the more time you have for the essay. I don’t think I would have had trouble with the essay either way but having more time def let’s you be more relaxed and not feel rushed. Like Lexii said, breathe and just relax during the interview. You only have about 15 min so make sure you say everything u want to say but don’t talk too fast. They will more than likely ask you why you want to be a PA with the first question, or some variation of it; tell us about yourself. Take this opportunity to say everything you want to say during the interview about why u want to be a PA and what ur long term goals are as pa. During this response u may even try to answer some typical anticipated questions like “ why not NP” or where do you see yourself in 5 years. After my response to their initial question they only asked me one more question and that was “ how do u handle stress”. I figured I had answered most of their questions with my initial response. The rest of the interview was just chatting which was nice. Don’t overthink anything, be honest you’ll be fine. 

2 hours ago, mjm2996 said:

For anyone that got accepted, what kind of laptop are you planning to use for the Program? Looking for suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same thing! A person who is in the program now said any laptop will work and she personally has a dell, but I am interested to see what others are going to use.

4 hours ago, mjm2996 said:

For anyone that got accepted, what kind of laptop are you planning to use for the Program? Looking for suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Personally I think I’m going to get the new MacBook Air that was just released, but like someone else said, I’ve heard really any computer will work. I have an iPhone and iPad already, so the Mac will allow me to easily sync all my devices and transfer files, etc.

18 minutes ago, ctsmith34 said:

This may be a dumb question but is there a difference between the waiting list and the "ON HOLD" status?

Seems like LHU only accepts a small amount of people initially right after the interviews, the rest are usually put in the ‘on hold’ category and a small amount are also rejected right after the interview. I believe the on hold category means just that - they haven’t chosen chosen a final decision on your application yet. The adcom do a second pass on everyone in their “on hold” category after all the interviews are done, and choose if each applicant is accepted, on a waitlist, or are no longer competitive for a seat. In past years, it looks like people in the hold category hear back in December/early January. I’m in the on hold category, and crossing my fingers! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 9:58 PM, parsdefect said:

Seems like LHU only accepts a small amount of people initially right after the interviews, the rest are usually put in the ‘on hold’ category and a small amount are also rejected right after the interview. I believe the on hold category means just that - they haven’t chosen chosen a final decision on your application yet. The adcom do a second pass on everyone in their “on hold” category after all the interviews are done, and choose if each applicant is accepted, on a waitlist, or are no longer competitive for a seat. In past years, it looks like people in the hold category hear back in December/early January. I’m in the on hold category, and crossing my fingers! 

So at the interview they talked about being "on hold". However, the email stated that I was put on the waitlist. Just double checking.....so this is the same thing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Sr2203 said:

Does anyone have any insight on rotations? I know they are rural, but does anyone know how many of the rotations are more than an hour from your residence/how often you have to stay in hotels? Thanks for any input! 

Someone asked the current student about this during my interview day. From what I remember, while Lock Haven main campus is rural, the rotations don't necessarily have to be. I believe the student said that we tell them three locations where we have "free housing" (basically three areas where we would ideally like to rotate) and they do their best to find us sites around those areas. I also remember them mentioning that they have affiliations with a hospital in Utah (or some state out west) that students can elect to go for a certain rotation if they want.

This is all info that I remember from the discussion with the current student on interview day so it may not be completely accurate but I hope it helps a little!

Archived