Interviews

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn.

You guys have got me sweating. I wasn't expecting to be able to attend school next year, so I didn't apply or take my GRE till really late. CASPA is sending out my app this week. I hope I still there's still a spot available for me by the time MWU gets all my info. I do feel that I'm a pretty strong candidate.

I think that the group interview can be intimidating, but I think the best thing you can do is have a good idea of what you want to tell them. Look up potential interview questions, and think about how you would answer them. They really stress that they want you to be yourself and relax so they can see who you really are as an applicant. In my interview they did a good job of making sure everyone had a chance to answer each question. Usually you have 3-4 applicants being interviewed by one program faculty member, and one basic sciences faculty member. The best advice I was given is to try not to focus on the answers the other applicants are giving. It can turn into a mind game, so prepare, know what you want the committee know about you, and try not to dwell on the group aspect. Good luck!

I agree with everything that Mandar87 said and I think it is especially important that you don't get too nervous and if you are nervous you should try to turn it into a positive, excited energy and use it to your advantage. I am so nervous going into the day and at the end my cheeks hurt from smiling so much! It was an awesome experience and I didn't feel intimidated at all. They do a great job of making you feel comfortable and giving you a chance to answer the questions and really shine in your interview. Prepare a little bit, think about possible questions and answers - to be honest all of the questions were pretty general and don't require previous knowledge of certain things. Most of the questions just needed to be answered with your personal opinion and past experiences. You can't really prepare for it too much so just be yourself! Good Luck!

Thank you for your advice Mandra87 & Imaeb07. That totally does help. There is just so much out there with all types of questions that you feel a bit overwhelmed. It sure helps to hear from someone who had recently been interviewed at MWU to get some advice. Thanks again

Hey all--just got invited to interview Dec 2, anyone else on here also going to that date? I'm very excited! I've never been to the Chicago area, so I am excited to check everything out. Also, I know people have mentioned it a few times on here but any other tips about the group interview experience?

Mandra87 and Imaeb07, Thank you for your posts. Now that I am done with the interview, I agree 100% with you both. It was a very relaxed interview, and the committee literally (and everyone of them, all their admin staff, the faculty, the students, and even the program director), goes out of their way to make you feel welcomed, relaxed and comfortable. At no point in time during the entire day did I ever felt I am being interviewed or there was any pressure at all. The whole atmoshphere was more or less relaxed and enjoyable. I come back with a very positive feeling for the school and the program and only keep my fingers crossed and hope I will get in. For those of you who are going to be interviewed there soon, really be yourself and show them what you really are. It is a great school. The PA I am presently shadowing and a Ped who I shadowed were both MWU grads and they made a lasting impression on me.

PS - to whoever asked about the interview scheduling and when they are done. According to one of my classmates they interview up until around February or March. So plenty of time to still get an interview.

Thanks for this info. I have another interview on december 2nd and was worried that this might have been their last interview date.

I created an applicant account today at MWU's website. They have everything but my GRE scores. Since I took the newly formatted test in September it's taking longer than usual to get them mailed out. Mine should have been mailed to MWU on Nov. 10th. I actually received a paper copy of my GRE test result today. I don't want to look at them because I know I didn't do too well, and I don't want any fleeting optimism to be immediately crushed. Can anyone who has interviewed recently give me a rough estimate as to how long it usually takes to hear back from them after all your information is received? Will they at least tell you promptly if they have decided to forgo the interview process and to try again next time?

I generally interview well. I've gotten accepted into all but one of the jobs/programs I've had a chance to interview for in all my life. Of course, I've never been up against 1300 people before.

I created an applicant account today at MWU's website. They have everything but my GRE scores. Since I took the newly formatted test in September it's taking longer than usual to get them mailed out. Mine should have been mailed to MWU on Nov. 10th. I actually received a paper copy of my GRE test result today. I don't want to look at them because I know I didn't do too well, and I don't want any fleeting optimism to be immediately crushed. Can anyone who has interviewed recently give me a rough estimate as to how long it usually takes to hear back from them after all your information is received? Will they at least tell you promptly if they have decided to forgo the interview process and to try again next time?

I generally interview well. I've gotten accepted into all but one of the jobs/programs I've had a chance to interview for in all my life. Of course, I've never been up against 1300 people before.

I took the old GRE and for some reason ETS decided to not send my GRE scores to Midwestern but tell me they did anyway. I didn't find out that they weren't received until I set up an account on the midwestern website. It took about a month to hear back that i got an interview from when everything was completed

jrob8503,

Most schools will notify you that they have all your paperwork within the first few weeks after they recieve it. I applied late July via CASPA and almost all of my schools notified me within the first two weeks (since they had all my information). However, I didn't get an interview till Novemeber. It really varies for different candidates about when you will hear back from them inviting you for an interview. What I keep on hearing from various adcomm is: "no news is usually a good news". If you are outright rejected, you will hear that usually within the first month via mail. I wish you goodluck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived