Supplemental application

I thought CASPA was a headache, but the real work starts with filling out the Supplemental Applications. I don't know how many more essays I have in me, but I keep having to write them. 

I am having the most difficult time with the question that asks about how will I fulfill their mission statement. I have plenty of volunteer hours and working with the underserved (most mission statement address these two topics). But I have reached writer's block and I cannot come up with the first sentence that will get me started. I hate this question even though it should the easier one.  

"Having spent hundreds of hours working with [undeserved population] as a [medical volunteer], I am certain I am a great match for the PA program at ABC University/your program." ?? 

That's one way at least. 

Or: 

"When I discovered that PA students at ABCU get to be a part of a global outreach program, I knew I wanted the chance to take part in this project." 

Written in passive voice, but you can swap that around if you prefer. 

19 hours ago, DarcyJ said:

"Having spent hundreds of hours working with [undeserved population] as a [medical volunteer], I am certain I am a great match for the PA program at ABC University/your program." ?? 

That's one way at least. 

Or: 

"When I discovered that PA students at ABCU get to be a part of a global outreach program, I knew I wanted the chance to take part in this project." 

Written in passive voice, but you can swap that around if you prefer. 

OMG! Thank you. Writer's block is the worst thing that can happen to you in the middle of the application cycle. Sometimes you just need a jump!

Archived