EM PA Looking for Recommendation

I'm a PA in the ED with a couple years experience looking for advice; Pro/Cons. I'm wanting to join a part time military unit for the experience, loan repayment and chance to serve the country. I Live in Iowa but likely will move back west in the next year or two. Deciding between Army Reserves, Air National Guard and Army National Guard. Mostly between Army Reserves and Air National Guard. I like that the Reserves are more flexible with moving and everything, but I've been told I may be more likely to get deployed or to get sent to a base to fill in for another PA. The Air National Guard sounds nice, but I think loan repayment is less and it may be more difficult to move out of state.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience and advice.

-Nate

National Guard whether Air or Army. I know Army National Guard has a $25 k annual bonis right now, more than actice duty. With NG you are FAR LESS likely to be activated individually and only mobilized as a unit, and usually less often and for shorter periods of time. 

11 hours ago, ArmyPA said:

National Guard whether Air or Army. I know Army National Guard has a $25 k annual bonis right now, more than actice duty. With NG you are FAR LESS likely to be activated individually and only mobilized as a unit, and usually less often and for shorter periods of time. 

94D60B57-00F8-4A94-81C5-D3EA029396FD.jpeg

Archived