MGH Institute of Health Professions: Application Cycle 2018-2019

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my offer today!  Dec 18th decision!

This has been such a long long road for me - it's kind of surreal to be sitting here thinking about it.

The only thing about MGH that gives me pause is the cost of attendance.

If I can make it work - I think I could do worse than getting my PA education at the Charlestown Navy Yard.

Congrats to all others who got the invitation!  

57 minutes ago, Ktwombly1 said:

Just got an offer! 500$ due by December 17th

Congrats - potential classmate 🙂

I received an acceptance email yesterday morning as well!! I am so incredibly thrilled!!

It has been a really crazy week. An hour and a half before I received the email from MGH yesterday morning, I received a call off of the waitlist (that I've been on since early Sept) to the program that was my top choice up until interviewing at MGH. For that hour and a half I was ECSTATIC and cried and laughed and jumped up and down. Then received the email from MGH and that feeling doubled. I also am fairly certain I went into shock for a second haha.. Just three days before all of this, I received a rejection LETTER from a school that I was really hoping for an interview from, and spent about an hour crying and filled with self-doubt about how I may not get in anywhere this year.

I share all of this with you guys to (hopefully) give at least one of you reading this some hope about where you are in your journey to becoming a PA .. you really never know what each new day is going to bring (it's cliché b/c it's trueee), and all it takes is one YES.

Stay strong and please don't doubt yourselves if you've been waitlisted or rejected. Your time will come and you WILL get that acceptance. Keep the faith and remember why you started this journey in the first place. It's not about the title or the money. It's about the patients. It's about waking up every day and knowing you get to use your knowledge, skills, and passion to help heal humanity and save lives. Never lose sight of that ❤️  All of the hard work WILL pay off.

Didn't intend on writing all that/rambling, I've just had so much on my mind the past couple of days, and hope to help inspire at least one of you with this crazy week I've had  🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to everyone that was accepted!! Also, those of you who were waitlisted, don't give up. I know a few people in my class were on the waitlist and got in.  From what I heard from my classmates, you guys were an awesome group of interviewees. 

If you don't make it in this year don't give up. You have what it takes and you'll succeed.

Happy holidays all

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year everyone!

As I mentioned in a previous message, I started a facebook group for our class. If you've been accepted and want to join the facebook group, search the following, request to join the group, and I'll add you in!

Our group name is: "MGH IHP PA Program, Class of 2021"

I previously said to send me a message with your name and I'd send you a friend request + add you to the group, but I've run into several "name twins" on facebook, so this way it'll be easier to add you all in.

I hope everyone's new year is off to a great start!

Archived