MGH Institute of Health Professions: Application Cycle 2018-2019

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, adb123 said:

Just received an email rejection. Would anyone who got invited to interview mind posting their stats?

Sure

Undergrad GPA: 3.78
Science GPA: 3.79
GRE 318 162 V 156 Q 4.5 AW
PCE: ~10,000 hours ophthalmic assistant and clinical research coordinator
HCE: 100 volunteering, 160 shadowing PA
Licensed EMT. 

OMG! Got my interview email today! Interview for Saturday, November 3, 2018

2nd year of applying this is my first ever interview offer, I am feeling quite humbled.  

Stats for those interested:
GRE: Deferred for Masters Degree
PCE: ~6000 hours Psychotherapist 
BCP: 3.4
Baccalaureate Science 3.12
Post-Baccalaureate Science 3.86
Overall GPA: 3.43

Glad I will be meeting some of you relative strangers there! 

2 hours ago, Gemeinschaftsgefuhl said:

OMG! Got my interview email today! Interview for Saturday, November 3, 2018

2nd year of applying this is my first ever interview offer, I am feeling quite humbled.  

Stats for those interested:
GRE: Deferred for Masters Degree
PCE: ~6000 hours Psychotherapist 
BCP: 3.4
Baccalaureate Science 3.12
Post-Baccalaureate Science 3.86
Overall GPA: 3.43

Glad I will be meeting some of you relative strangers there! 

Congrats!! I'll be interviewing on 11/3 as well! I'd love to meet up on Friday night before the big day if anyone is interested? I figure that way we'll see some familiar faces on Saturday when our nerves start to kick in and we can all feel a little more at ease. I'll be flying in Friday afternoon. Would love to connect! @Gemeinschaftsgefuhl @jen72@TIS93@kjime002@Helidude135

11 hours ago, EllisAKfuturePA said:

Congrats!! I'll be interviewing on 11/3 as well! I'd love to meet up on Friday night before the big day if anyone is interested? I figure that way we'll see some familiar faces on Saturday when our nerves start to kick in and we can all feel a little more at ease. I'll be flying in Friday afternoon. Would love to connect! @Gemeinschaftsgefuhl @jen72@TIS93@kjime002@Helidude135

That would be cool, definitely interested!

17 hours ago, Cinthiapalomares said:

I have an interview date of nov 3rd as well! I think it would be great to get a group together the day before the interview to chat! ? it will be my first time in Boston. Super stoked. @EllisAKfuturePA 

awesome! Congrats on your interview! Boston is great. I have a friend that lives about 40 min outside Boston and when I visit her I fly into BOS airport and we usually grab a bite to eat in the city. Like I said in my last comment, I think @Helidude135 is working on getting us all connected on facebook so we can coordinate and chat before the big weekend and coordinate a meet up!

14 hours ago, sgc15 said:

Declining my invitation to interview on 11/3. Good luck to everyone - especially to whoever gets pulled off the interview waitlist for my spot ?

I live in Boston and work at MGH so if anyone has questions about life here (or suggestions for your visit), let me know!

This is a personal question from a stranger - so I would understand if you would rather not discuss it.

If you would however - might I ask why you turned it down? Especially given that you work for the mass general health system?  Any likes / dislikes you care to share about the work / learning environment?  

Archived