Nashville

14 minutes ago, cgarbison said:

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats?

cGPA: 3.68 sGPA: 3.58 , GRE 310 , majored in Biology with 2 minors in Chemistry and Psychology

Healthcare experience: Patient care tech (CNA) on Neuroscience (~3,400 hours/2.5 years)

~80 shadowing hours of multiple healthcare providers, ~260 volunteering hours, multiple leadership roles through Pre-PA club, tutoring, & greek organization

To all those who are getting discouraged, keep on hustling. The many rejections I have gotten on my first attempt last year lead me to these stats & 2 interview invites thus far this year. I promise if you keep hustling, you'll get in! 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cgarbison
2 minutes ago, NPthePA2018 said:

cGPA: 3.68 sGPA: 3.58 , GRE 310 , majored in Biology with 2 minors in Chemistry and Psychology

Healthcare experience: Patient care tech (CNA) on Neuroscience (~3,400 hours/2.5 years)

~80 shadowing hours of multiple healthcare providers, ~260 volunteering hours, multiple leadership roles through Pre-PA club, tutoring, & greek organization

To all those who are getting discouraged, keep on hustling. The many rejections I have gotten on my first attempt last year lead me to these stats & 2 interview invites thus far this year. I promise if you keep hustling, you'll get in! 

Thank you! I applied in September, and I am hoping to hear something soon. Good luck!

On 11/12/2018 at 7:48 PM, PAtobe33 said:

Can't wait to meet you all! Is anyone local and know what the weather is typically like that time of the year? I'm from FL so want to be prepared for cold haha. Thanks in advance!

I'm interviewing on the 16th as well and am local to Nashville. The weather right now is cold with lots of rain. They have been calling for snow the past few days but it is normally flurries with no accumulation. I would expect low to mid 40's. 

19 hours ago, nataliet7 said:

I dont know if it is more annoying for the people in the forum if I post that I am interviewing on January 11th and blow up the forum or if I dont post it and keep people in the dark. So I will post it haha I am interviewing 01-11 as well! Cant wait to meet you all

Congrats!! I’ll be there as well, super excited!

They tell you in person at the end. 

They have breakfast available early, and faculty members and the Dean and Medical director are around to talk. At starting time they introduce the program, and then we break into group interviews, tours, etc. The group interview is where they ask you the questions you prepare for when you google "PA interview questions." During and after lunch you basically wait while they deliberate, and then it is time for individual interviews. During this part, at least in mine, they didn't ask a lot more, they just went over my application and my strengths and weaknesses and then they share their decision. In my case, I was accepted! 😄😄

I think that everyone was done by 3. Good luck!

P.s. other November interviewees.. I am dying to know who else is in!

3 minutes ago, jreid said:

They have breakfast available early, and faculty members and the Dean and Medical director are around to talk. At starting time they introduce the program, and then we break into group interviews, tours, etc. The group interview is where they ask you the questions you prepare for when you google "PA interview questions." During and after lunch you basically wait while they deliberate, and then it is time for individual interviews. During this part, at least in mine, they didn't ask a lot more, they just went over my application and my strengths and weaknesses and then they share their decision. In my case, I was accepted! 😄😄

do you mind sharing your stats?

42 minutes ago, jreid said:

Congratulations!! 

12 hours ago, dcb1788 said:

I was accepted as well! My solo interview went the same as jreid’s. I’m most likely going to send in my deposit soon. 

15 hours ago, jreid said:

Huge congrats to both of you!! That’s so exciting, I can’t wait for January. Thanks for sharing your experience!

15 hours ago, jreid said:

Congrats on your acceptance! Would you mind sharing the ratio of faculty to interviewees in the group portion? 

19 hours ago, jreid said:

Congrats on your acceptance! Would you mind sharing the ratio of faculty to interviewees in the group portion? 

Edited 4 hours ago by PArun2020

I was accepted as well and yes it went exactly as jreid said. The ratio was 2-3 interviewees to 3 faculty during the group interview.

On 11/21/2018 at 2:03 PM, jmmedeir said:

Congrats to those accepted! I was also accepted and will be attending! 

Hard to tell who everyone is by these usernames though. Wondering if we should start a new accepted/attending thread and reveal ourselves? 

I would like that. Or perhaps a facebook group?

14 hours ago, rno said:

Hi everyone! I hope this isn't too intrusive, but did anyone who interviewed in November not get accepted? Do we know how many people are in each interview group/how many are accepted out of that group?

Congrats to everyone already in!

Not everyone was accepted, but no idea if there is a correlation between interview groups. Being wait-listed is also a distinct possibility.

Archived