Nashville

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 12:20 PM, paPassion7 said:

I'm applying there as well! I submitted my application yesterday (7/10), and Garrett (admissions rep) called me today to let me know they were waiting on my GRE scores to arrive and then my application will be placed under review. Good luck everyone! 

Did you submit before taking the GRE? My app is ready to submit except for the GRE which I am taking in 2 weeks, I wasn't sure if I could submit before taking it or not? 

20 hours ago, PAhopeful6 said:

Did you submit before taking the GRE? My app is ready to submit except for the GRE which I am taking in 2 weeks, I wasn't sure if I could submit before taking it or not? 

Yes, I submitted before taking the GRE. You can submit beforehand they just won't review your application until they receive the scores. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Southpaw45 said:

Will this be their first class (for the Nashville site)?  What's everyone's thoughts on attending a program still under development?

I believe this will be the first class for the Nashville location. I'm actually very excited about this program, and I think since South College already has a successful program in Knoxville, they will know what tools they need to develop a successful program in Nashville. Also, their admissions department has been on top of their game as far as responding very quickly to emails and answering questions. I spoke with one of their advisers and he reviewed my entire application with me and helped me gauge how competitive I am as an applicant. 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, paPassion7 said:

I'm applying there as well! I submitted my application yesterday (7/10), and Garrett (admissions rep) called me today to let me know they were waiting on my GRE scores to arrive and then my application will be placed under review. Good luck everyone! 

Do you think it's a good idea to call admissions and ask questions just so they know that you are very interested in the program? I've been wanting to call to ask about my application and formally talk to the admissions rep, but I don't want to be a bother!

2 hours ago, qwerty12345 said:

Do you think it's a good idea to call admissions and ask questions just so they know that you are very interested in the program? I've been wanting to call to ask about my application and formally talk to the admissions rep, but I don't want to be a bother!

I would start by sending Garrett an email saying you're interested in the program and you're wondering if he would review your application with you. He was more than willing to do that when I asked, so I don't think you'd be a bother! 

2 hours ago, qwerty12345 said:

I emailed Garrett a few minutes ago asking about my application. I’m sure it’ll only help you, not hurt you. It makes me feel better to know rather than to play the waiting game for several months with no feedback ?

Hey y’all, I just spoke to Garrett & wanted to share what I found out so everyone can have some piece of mind. Garrett will look over your file with you and discuss 3 major factors and whether you fall below, at, or above their competitive baseline. 

GRE - 150 verbal 150 quantitative 4.0 AW

GPA - 3.5 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA

Direct patient care - >1,000 hours 

Interviews start in November, but if you don’t get an interview by then, it may just be that they haven’t evaluated your application yet. They start back interviews in January-April so no worries. You can always call to see if they have/have not evaluated you yet. Also if you have any updates on your application (started a new patient care job, shadowed more PA’s, boosted your GPA, etc) you can email Garrett & he’ll update your CASPA. Hope this helps! 

20 hours ago, NPthePA2018 said:

Hey y’all, I just spoke to Garrett & wanted to share what I found out so everyone can have some piece of mind. Garrett will look over your file with you and discuss 3 major factors and whether you fall below, at, or above their competitive baseline. 

GRE - 150 verbal 150 quantitative 4.0 AW

GPA - 3.5 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA

Direct patient care - >1,000 hours 

Interviews start in November, but if you don’t get an interview by then, it may just be that they haven’t evaluated your application yet. They start back interviews in January-April so no worries. You can always call to see if they have/have not evaluated you yet. Also if you have any updates on your application (started a new patient care job, shadowed more PA’s, boosted your GPA, etc) you can email Garrett & he’ll update your CASPA. Hope this helps! 

wow thanks! Did he say anything regarding like you won't even be considered for an interview if you don't meet all three of those baselines?

17 minutes ago, CMPA2 said:

wow thanks! Did he say anything regarding like you won't even be considered for an interview if you don't meet all three of those baselines?

Meeting all these baselines doesn't necessarily mean you're guaranteed an interview. Same can be said if you don't meet them, that doesn't mean you won't get an interview invite. The admissions committee reviews your application holistically. GRE, GPA, and patient care hours are some of the more important things they look at, but if you have a strong point in your application (>3.7 GPA, 305+ GRE, >2 years HCE) then that can make up for a weak point. Also Garrett has no influence on the admission's decision for your application, he just helps you give an idea on how competitive you are and answers questions that you may have about the process. Hope this helped!

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:01 PM, paPassion7 said:

I would start by sending Garrett an email saying you're interested in the program and you're wondering if he would review your application with you. He was more than willing to do that when I asked, so I don't think you'd be a bother! 

Okay great, thank you very much! I'm trying to look for Garrett's email address on the South website but I can't find it, do you happen to know what it is or where I could find it?!

22 minutes ago, qwerty12345 said:

Okay great, thank you very much! I'm trying to look for Garrett's email address on the South website but I can't find it, do you happen to know what it is or where I could find it?!

Gbruner@southcollegetn.edu 

It’s the same email that sent you a confirmation letter stating that they received your supplemental, GRE scores, blah blah blah. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived