Quitting a Job After Contract is Signed

I know this has been touched on before, but I was hoping for possibly more feedback.   Signed a contract in May, start date isn't until August.  A requirement of the job was made known after the contract was signed that is not something I am willing to be a part of.  My contract states either party must give 30 days' notice to terminate employment (originally it was 90, I revised this to state 30, and the employer signed).  Can they require me to repay credentialing fees, etc?  

Read the details of the contract - it may or may not specifically state it.

Logically, however, if you terminate prior to even starting it's likely they will try to make you repay fees (frankly, why should they pay them if you won't be working for them?).

11 hours ago, lyn1985 said:

I paid for the state license myself, I paid for all health related visits, blood work, and immunizations.  All they would have paid would have been man-hours spent working on the credentialing paperwork I filled out.   

If all you're worried about are man hours and no actual fee payments, you're over thinking this.

Archived