How to answer why you chose particular school

I am currently working on my supplemental essays for the individual schools I am applying to and nearly all of them ask why you chose to apply to that school. I know that I should refer to the mission statement and specific aspects of the program that interest me, but I do not know how to start it without simply saying, "I am interested in this school because..." Would really appreciate any tips or feedback anyone has on this topic!

Thank you in advance!

I am currently working on my supplemental essays for the individual schools I am applying to and nearly all of them ask why you chose to apply to that school. I know that I should refer to the mission statement and specific aspects of the program that interest me, but I do not know how to start it without simply saying, "I am interested in this school because..." Would really appreciate any tips or feedback anyone has on this topic!
Thank you in advance!

Ask yourself: why am I applying here? Do you know someone who went there? Is there something that caught your attention in their curriculum? In their mission statement? A faculty member with a reputation you know of? A strong disection or surgical program? A chance to get into the SimLab early in the program?

If you just picked it for the heck of it, you may struggle a bit here. Look them up and compare them with other programs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If this is simply a matter of how to write it (not what to say) consider this a creative writing exercise.  You didn't start your personal statement with "I want to be a PA because.." - you found a way to make it interesting and eye catching.  Do the same here.  Off hand I can think of several ways to start such an essay - but they want to know what you have to say, not what I have to say.

Archived