2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Congrats to those who get selected to interviews. I have not heard anything from them. Not sure whats that meant to me lol...

So does anyone know how many# interview days they have for this cycle? and if someone go to the interview ask this question please! ?? much appreciate ! Can you ask how many candidates they pick for interviews for the class of 2021?

Thanks alot

59 minutes ago, leyna said:

Wow Congrats to those who get selected to interviews. I have not heard anything from them. Not sure whats that meant to me lol...

So does anyone know how many# interview days they have for this cycle? and if someone go to the interview ask this question please! ?? much appreciate ! Can you ask how many candidates they pick for interviews for the class of 2021?

Thanks alot

Can I second all of this?!

I keep telling myself that maybe its alphabetical (my last name is Tkacik)?... or maybe its chronological (I applied last minute)?.... 

I’m still hoping, but it is a little defeating when it feels like 100+ are already interviewing!  I think I might call Blake tomorrow, he is the one I have harrassed (lol) twice now about my application and always answers my questions ?

Good luck to everyone and their interviews!

2 minutes ago, RadTek2PA said:

Can I second all of this?!

I keep telling myself that maybe its alphabetical (my last name is Tkacik)?... or maybe its chronological (I applied last minute)?.... 

I’m still hoping, but it is a little defeating when it feels like 100+ are already interviewing!  I think I might call Blake tomorrow, he is the one I have harrassed (lol) twice now about my application and always answers my questions ?

Good luck to everyone and their interviews!

I honestly think it’s best to be patient and not constantly message the committee and faculty. They are in a very busy time in reviewing applicants and such. If they feel you are a good fit and want to interview you then they will. If after they decide not to interview you then I suppose you are free to ask how you can improve your application. Just my opinion as someone who has not gotten an interview in the past and this year was invited for the first interview date. I did make a lot of improvements to my application since last year. Feel free to message fellow applicants for advice too. We all want to help one another. 

3 minutes ago, brittbarba said:

I honestly think it’s best to be patient and not constantly message the committee and faculty. They are in a very busy time in reviewing applicants and such. If they feel you are a good fit and want to interview you then they will. If after they decide not to interview you then I suppose you are free to ask how you can improve your application. Just my opinion as someone who has not gotten an interview in the past and this year was invited for the first interview date. I did make a lot of improvements to my application since last year. Feel free to message fellow applicants for advice too. We all want to help one another. 

You are right, maybe I’ll just hang tight.  I hope I didn’t sound like I would call to ask “why not me?!”, but instead just curious as to how long they plan on interviews to run to.

For what it is worth, one of the calls I made saved my app, because my app was showing incompletes for classes I had <shrug>.

I don’t think it would hurt if those of you getting selected to interview shared your stats if you dont mind!

5 minutes ago, RadTek2PA said:

You are right, maybe I’ll just hang tight.  I hope I didn’t sound like I would call to ask “why not me?!”, but instead just curious as to how long they plan on interviews to run to.

For what it is worth, one of the calls I made saved my app, because my app was showing incompletes for classes I had <shrug>.

I don’t think it would hurt if those of you getting selected to interview shared your stats if you dont mind!

Just speaking from experience it can drive you mad waiting on an invite lol. I know they said they are interviewing through November and might hold a couple of interviews in December if needed. Hope that helps. 

I interviewed today and blake told us that they select 150 people to interview for 50 spots. They recieved 2000 applications this year. The last possible interview date is in the first week of december but they are going to try and complete all of the interviews in november. 

15 hours ago, brittbarba said:

If after they decide not to interview you then I suppose you are free to ask how you can improve your application. 

I will say though... that after last year interviewing and not getting a spot I did email the university in general and my interviewer personally, asking for advice on improving, and received the same general "we do not provide individual feedback," email from both. 

I called today and left a message asking where they were in the interview process so hopefully they will call back and I can post on here for you all! I was invited to interviews at midwestern and at still so I’m really holding out for NAU as well! Maybe they are more competitive because they are the only az program that offers resident tuition. 

Archived