2018-2019 Application Cycle

5 hours ago, NicoleJo said:

So I e-mailed them saying that I believed it was an error as per their e-mail which said to e-mail only (no phone call) if I thought it was an error. I am a little hesitant to call considering what others have said but I will most likely give them a call by the end of the week if I haven't heard anything by then!

Good luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to everyone interviewing!

I'm curious to know when you applied.  When I talked to someone last week and they said they still had 200 or so applications to get through, they said that they had not gotten to mine yet.  No surprise, as my application did not get to them until the last second.  So if any of the lucky interviewers would like to chime in on when they applied as well, that would be helpful!

On 10/26/2018 at 5:12 PM, KaylaRT said:

I just recieved an invitation to interview november 5th! Would people like to meet up the night before for drinks? Does anyone know what the interviewer format is? 

I'd love to meet up the night before the 11/5 interview for dinner or something! Is anyone else interested?

15 hours ago, harps1220 said:

I'd love to meet up the night before the 11/5 interview for dinner or something! Is anyone else interested?

Hi friends - I'm interviewing 11/5 too. I'm not a native, but I've lived in the area since undergrad and I interviewed last year so I'd be happy to give insight on either. Also, my place is teeny but if anyone needs a couch to crash on, I'd be happy to offer. 

Yes, let's get together the night before! I can pick people up from hotels if needed. 

1 hour ago, harps1220 said:

Perfect!! Do those who live around the area have any restaurant recommendations? I’m up for any type of food! 

I am so jealous that all of you are getting this invitation, but happy for you all too xD  Hopefully, mine will come eventually!

I live in the valley here, and I will say that there is a "coffee" type place called The Grand downtown that is nearby the school.  It is a huge place, that is open late (maybe 24 hours?) that serves everything from coffee, to cocktails, to food, to pastries to everything.  I have spent many hours there doing my own homework the past year, and have often finished and come down towards the bar and spent an hour or two socializing.  I have planned on it being my go-to place if I get into NAU as it has a quieter area that is full of students on laptops and big tables.

Good luck to everyone on your interviews!

Congrats to everyone that got an interview.  Gonna second The Grand recommendation.  Another Phoenix native here, Downtown has lots of places to check out.  Angels Trumpet has great food and beer too.  The patio should be perfect for our current weather.  Good luck to you all!  

Archived