2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I plan on applying to NAU this round, its my #1.

This is my first year applying, but finishing organic chemistry as we speak.  After that I am good to apply, albeit last minute...

I am still trying to figure out how the transcript verification process works on CASPA, and when I should be finalizing things in regard to this last class.  I know this isn’t the thread for it, but would take any advice here ?

Good luck everybody!

On 7/5/2018 at 12:46 AM, RadTek2PA said:

Hey guys, I plan on applying to NAU this round, its my #1.

This is my first year applying, but finishing organic chemistry as we speak.  After that I am good to apply, albeit last minute...

I am still trying to figure out how the transcript verification process works on CASPA, and when I should be finalizing things in regard to this last class.  I know this isn’t the thread for it, but would take any advice here ?

Good luck everybody!

I would at least get a start on NAU's supplemental so that by the time you're all verified with CASPA, you can submit immediately.

On 7/24/2018 at 8:25 AM, ellendiane27 said:

I applied last year to NAU and nobody heard from them until like October. But I think they were going through some structural changes with their staff last year so I think things were a little messy for them. I'm anticipating this will be a better year for them.

^ Going off of this I would make sure if months go by and you haven't heard from them to call and then call again. I was part of their "application error" last year where they basically sent incorrect emails out to about 10 of us saying we hadn't submitted secondary applications so we would not be considered for the program when we all in fact had. They then realized their error and basically kept telling us all we were still under review even though there were only a couple days of interviews left. None of us ending up hearing from them even though a couple of us had been waitlisted the year before. Definitely left a poor taste in my mouth but I hope they have straightened things out this year for everyone and smoothed out all of the kinks. I ended up heading out of state for my program and it was honestly a blessing in disguise! Good luck to everyone this year. You will all do great whether its at NAU or another program!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 10:42 PM, WildcatPA said:

^ Going off of this I would make sure if months go by and you haven't heard from them to call and then call again. I was part of their "application error" last year where they basically sent incorrect emails out to about 10 of us saying we hadn't submitted secondary applications so we would not be considered for the program when we all in fact had. They then realized their error and basically kept telling us all we were still under review even though there were only a couple days of interviews left. None of us ending up hearing from them even though a couple of us had been waitlisted the year before. Definitely left a poor taste in my mouth but I hope they have straightened things out this year for everyone and smoothed out all of the kinks. I ended up heading out of state for my program and it was honestly a blessing in disguise! Good luck to everyone this year. You will all do great whether its at NAU or another program!

And going off of this, I got that email and then just never heard again until my rejection Feb 8. So yes I agree. I think it may have been a little messy too last year. I guess its better to be overbearing and call a million times to make sure they got everything!

On 8/6/2018 at 4:56 PM, scholship said:

On the secondary graduate school application, when you "View pdf" do any of you see your self-reported GRE scores? For some reason what I input is not showing.

I noticed that my secondary this year didn't ask for GRE scores but my secondary last year did, so I sent an e-mail out to them. Kay responded saying that NAU no longer asks for GRE scores to be sent to NAU, you just need it sent to CASPA and you're good to go!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

I actually toured the campus last week and asked the program coordinator about when they will be holding interviews this year as I know previously they were in November or so. She told me that they are aiming for October - November this year. Hopefully we hear something soon then! Good luck everyone! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 6:00 PM, RadTek2PA said:

I haven't heard anything about interviews, but i did get an e-mail saying that my application has made it through the first round of review and will go forward to the next round.  Which is pretty exciting for me since I did not think I was going to apply before the deadline (woot!).

When did you receive this email? Can you share when you submitted & were verified? Thank you!

So am I the only one here who has gotten that e-mail?  

" preliminary review has been completed. You have met all of the minimum requirements for admission. Your application will be forwarded to the next level of review. Please do not contact us for updates as this is the only update we are able to give you at this time."

Again, I think I received this because I reached out to them about my application and it needed attention so that it wouldn't get pushed away.  I'm imagining someone taking a look to make sure my coursework came over correctly went ahead and stamped it "OK" so that they didn't have to look at it again for coursework.  Completely speculative, as I don't really know their process......

Looking through last year's thread, it was radio silence for a long time.  Since they aren't rolling admissions, I guess they probably just now started going through everything.

Hey all,

I called Admissions last week and talked with a few different individuals. What I got from the conversations was that they are currently reviewing applications and this will likely be ongoing until October. It is likely invites will not start going out for a bit longer and interviews may not start until the end of October, beginning of November. 

Additionally, I may reach out to the Senior Program Coordinator for further information.

I hope this helps, cheers!

Archived