2018-2019 Application Cycle

Guest Achelios

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since nobody has done it yet, I created a facebook group because I'm excited to see who all is in the class! It is titled "Wayne State University Physician Assistant Class of 2021" so feel free to request to join it! Add everyone you know who will be attending!

1 hour ago, acalas said:

For those who haven’t received an email, make sure to check your spam! That’s where my acceptance email was! 

I had to make an account just to thank you so much for mentioning this! My wife was dying waiting to hear back and we never would have checked her spam mail if I hadn’t read this! She got in! And I got the reaction on camera! Thank you so much!!!

1 hour ago, PAHUSBAND2021 said:

I had to make an account just to thank you so much for mentioning this! My wife was dying waiting to hear back and we never would have checked her spam mail if I hadn’t read this! She got in! And I got the reaction on camera! Thank you so much!!!

So glad she found the email! I have no clue why it went to spam! Congrats to her!! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 11:21 AM, Allison0423 said:

Would some of you who got accepted post stats? Also, what do you think Wayne state really looks for in applicants? 

My cGPA is a 3.9, and sGPA is 3.79. I have around 2500 hours in CNA/nurse tech hospital positions, 304 GRE (147 quan, 157 verbal), 5.5 writing. I think one thing that they look for is strong community service and volunteering. I led students from my university on a few volunteer trips and then have volunteered here and there in various medical places throughout my undergrad! I am a first time applicant and still in undergrad so this is a total dream come true. I was really nervous about my poor GRE quan score but I feel like everyone has some part(s) of their application that they wish were different. I hope this helps!! I'm sure they look for a variety of types of students 🙂

On 11/15/2018 at 11:21 AM, Allison0423 said:

Would some of you who got accepted post stats? Also, what do you think Wayne state really looks for in applicants? 

cGPA: 3.91 sGPA: 3.85 

GRE combined: 311 (q 158, v 153, a 4.5)

hours: 1000 from PT Tech and CNA 

first time applicant, graduated in April with a BS in Biology, and one of my letter of rec was from their program’s anatomy prof

I agree with the volunteer service, they also really like to see you helping out *local underserved* communities (like I volunteered a bit in Pontiac and Detroit, which I emphasized more during my interview/personal statement/50 hours I submitted to the school than when I went on an international trip). They want students who want to remain in the Detroit area after graduation (91% of alum are in Michigan still), which is one of the reasons why of the people who have joined the fb group, all have been from Michigan so far. 

Both interviewers did read my personal statement and pulled from it during my interview, so I believe that mine was strong and that it helped. 

I interviewed with one of the guys who goes through all the applications and scores them prior to interviews and he said the difference between the 100th person on the list to be offered an interview and the 101st person who wasn’t offered an interview was like .01 points on their scale. So every little thing you do matters! Join your pre-PA society, join MAPA and AAPA, etc. it will all help you. 

2 hours ago, nikki12 said:

Hey everyone! I’m actually about to give up my seat. I accepted a seat at another school closer to home. I hope one of you gets good news!

Thank you so much for sharing. It gives us more hope. Goodluck at your other school, it’s an amazing accomplishment to even be accepted to PA school. 

Archived