Jump to content

2018-2019 Application Cycle


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just asked a friend who is a first year student and he said the interviews this year are Oct 18th and 19th! And they like to send the invites out at least 2 weeks in advance. 

Hey everyone, Congratulations again to all of those who were invited to interview this cycle! We hope you had a great experience and that you left Wayne State knowing whether or not it would be a

Crying because I JUST GOT MY EMAIL. I GOT IN ! Ahhhh. 

Congrats to everyone who got invites; this is going to be simultaneously the most exciting and nerve-racking month of your life! Try to relax and enjoy the ride. 

I’ll have to double-check which I day I volunteered to be there, but I’ll definitely be seeing some of you  there for your interview. 

I don’t know if (or think that) the interview format has changed, but when I interviewed last year, it was two interviews — one with a faculty member and one with a community PA. The questions will be variable, depending on whom you interview with, but expect the usual suspects:  

“Why do you want to be a PA? Why not NP/MD/DO?”

”Describe a time in your life when...”

Be sure to identify any deficiencies in your application and be sure to address them appropriately if asked! GPA, withdrawn classes, lack of volunteer hours, lack of variety of patient care experience, etc. 

Other questions will be variable.

I think we were planning on giving a bit of a tour with the interviewees this year, since we were mostly confined to the interview spaces last year during our interview process. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, itzsommyjr said:

Congrats to everyone who got invites; this is going to be simultaneously the most exciting and nerve-racking month of your life! Try to relax and enjoy the ride. 

I’ll have to double-check which I day I volunteered to be there, but I’ll definitely be seeing some of you  there for your interview. 

I don’t know if (or think that) the interview format has changed, but when I interviewed last year, it was two interviews — one with a faculty member and one with a community PA. The questions will be variable, depending on whom you interview with, but expect the usual suspects:  

“Why do you want to be a PA? Why not NP/MD/DO?”

”Describe a time in your life when...”

Be sure to identify any deficiencies in your application and be sure to address them appropriately if asked! GPA, withdrawn classes, lack of volunteer hours, lack of variety of patient care experience, etc. 

Other questions will be variable.

I think we were planning on giving a bit of a tour with the interviewees this year, since we were mostly confined to the interview spaces last year during our interview process. 

Thank you so much for your advice, it means a lot! I had a meeting with one of the advisors there and she said that there will be a formal essay portion of the interview. Is this true? And if so, what should we expect? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, pagirl17 said:

Thank you so much for your advice, it means a lot! I had a meeting with one of the advisors there and she said that there will be a formal essay portion of the interview. Is this true? And if so, what should we expect? 

If it’s like in years past, it will be a short, handwritten essay (maybe a page to a page and a half) basically just to assess your writing style. I think my topic last year was on hospital mergers or something like that.

Edited by itzsommyjr
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2018 at 3:29 PM, Emt212 said:

I still haven't received either an accepting interview e-mail or a rejection e-mail. 

i haven't either, assuming that means no interview ? 

i did get an email from wayne inviting me to their FAFSA friday on 10/4 however, and kinda confused by that. seems like such a tease of an email to me

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, spartan419 said:

i haven't either, assuming that means no interview ? 

i did get an email from wayne inviting me to their FAFSA friday on 10/4 however, and kinda confused by that. seems like such a tease of an email to me

I think all current students and others with a Wayne uniqname received that email.  I just received that email, and I'm a current WSU PAS student.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More