2018-2019 Application Cycle

Guest Achelios

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I’d ask here before I email the program. My interview is Friday the 19th at 930. Obviously I’ll be early but I assume there is an intro and tour or what not (pretty sure that is in email).

I guess my question is what time should I be there because it doesn’t really say what time everything starts at only the time of my interview. Does that make sense? 

8 minutes ago, HopefulPA12 said:

Thought I’d ask here before I email the program. My interview is Friday the 19th at 930. Obviously I’ll be early but I assume there is an intro and tour or what not (pretty sure that is in email).

I guess my question is what time should I be there because it doesn’t really say what time everything starts at only the time of my interview. Does that make sense? 

I’d shoot for walking in 15 minutes early, and plan on getting there maybe a half hour early so you have time to figure out parking/where to go/hype yourself up/have time in case of unexpected traffic (this is Michigan after all). Mine is at 8am and I’m pretty nocturnal from working nightshift so I’m definitely not going to be able to show up *super* early ? 

On 10/12/2018 at 6:24 PM, HopefulPA12 said:

I'm a current student who will be there for that time slot for checking in interviewees:  I will be getting there at 8:45 (you certainly don't have to be that early), but I would advise leaving yourself at least a half-hour window and trying to arrive by 9:00 AM or thereabouts.  I'm double-checking with our interview chair as to what time we'll be doing the tour for you guys, and I'll let you know.

1 hour ago, itzsommyjr said:

The guided tours are optional, and will be happening after the interviews.  If your interview time is 9:30, the tour will be taking place at 12.  If you are in the earlier time slot (8 AM), the guided tour will be taking place at 10:30.  Hope that helps.

So if both interviews combined take about a half hour and the essay takes around 30 minutes as well, there will be 1 1/2 hours left to spare for the interview time frame (total of 2 1/2 hours). What will be prepared for the remaining time? Also, if my interview is scheduled for 8AM, does that mean my interviews happen right away or does it depend on the order that is structured for my specific group? 

14 hours ago, pagirl17 said:

So if both interviews combined take about a half hour and the essay takes around 30 minutes as well, there will be 1 1/2 hours left to spare for the interview time frame (total of 2 1/2 hours). What will be prepared for the remaining time? Also, if my interview is scheduled for 8AM, does that mean my interviews happen right away or does it depend on the order that is structured for my specific group? 

If you're scheduled for 8 a.m., check in will be at 7:45 a.m. in the basement of the building. You'll be brought up to the classroom when everyone has checked in and the program director will start with an introduction of the program and interview process. Once that's done, the actual interviews will start and you'll be guided to where you need to go first, whether that's the faculty interview, PA interview, or the essay. For anyone interviewing, brush up on any recent legislation important to the PA profession either through newsletters sent by MAPA or AAPA because those are common questions asked in interviews. 

On 10/14/2018 at 6:00 PM, itzsommyjr said:

The guided tours are optional, and will be happening after the interviews.  If your interview time is 9:30, the tour will be taking place at 12.  If you are in the earlier time slot (8 AM), the guided tour will be taking place at 10:30.  Hope that helps.

Yes it does! 

More glad it wasn’t a dumb question, haha. 

On 10/15/2018 at 10:27 AM, HarjotGill said:

If you're scheduled for 8 a.m., check in will be at 7:45 a.m. in the basement of the building. You'll be brought up to the classroom when everyone has checked in and the program director will start with an introduction of the program and interview process. Once that's done, the actual interviews will start and you'll be guided to where you need to go first, whether that's the faculty interview, PA interview, or the essay. For anyone interviewing, brush up on any recent legislation important to the PA profession either through newsletters sent by MAPA or AAPA because those are common questions asked in interviews. 

Not sure if you can answer this but when you say "brush up on recent legislation", do they expect us to have laws memorized or just a general idea of them. Thank you for your help!

13 hours ago, Juliag said:

Not sure if you can answer this but when you say "brush up on recent legislation", do they expect us to have laws memorized or just a general idea of them. Thank you for your help!

Just a general idea! For example, when I interviewed last year Optimal Team Practice was just passed by AAPA and many states were adopting that legislation so it was going to have an impact on how I will practice as a PA. While I didn't know all the details about it, I was able to atleast say that I was aware that OTP was passed, PAs were not going to be required to have a supervising physician anymore, and because Michigan has a broad range of practice for PAs already, my future career path will most likely be affected to allow for greater autonomy ? Hope this helps!

Hey everyone,

Congratulations again to all of those who were invited to interview this cycle! We hope you had a great experience and that you left Wayne State knowing whether or not it would be a good fit if you were to be accepted! Our class was fortunate enough to have found out Nov. 1 (so exactly 14 days from the first interview date), but since there are a couple of individual alternate interviews that still need to be done/evaluated, I would expect it to be anywhere from 2-3 weeks! Best of luck as you all wait, and never hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! Go Warriors!

Tanner

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, henni2tm said:

Does anyone know if they were sent out as a mass email at the same time or if we can expect them to keep coming as the day goes on? 

I think it was a mass email, due to the fact it was titled “Dear Applicant” and the first post on this came almost immediately after I got my acceptance! (So happy by the way!)

Archived