2018-2019 Application Cycle

Guest Achelios

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2018 at 1:44 AM, nicksadow92 said:

Quick question! When you go to WSU's "Program Materials" tab on CASPA, what personal statement do you attach? Do you attach the same personal statement as the one for CASPA, or do you type out an entirely different one? 

I've emailed the program adviser about this & was told to just upload a duplicate of the same personal statement you put into CASPA. This seemed weird so I talked in person to the interim program director, Mary Jo, she also instructed me to upload the same general CASPA one. 

So they for sure want that one - not sure why they're having us upload it twice, but I'm happy to follow directions.

(:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

So around early June I submitted my application, and July 16 on the application status states that it has been Denied/Withdrawn?

I'm not sure what this means, I'm kind've shocked that this is the case. I thought they looked at applications after the deadline? Has that happened to you? Do you believe it's a glitch? I'm feeling pretty down right now, as it was my top school. =/

16 hours ago, mariasyed2 said:

Hey guys, 

So around early June I submitted my application, and July 16 on the application status states that it has been Denied/Withdrawn?

I'm not sure what this means, I'm kind've shocked that this is the case. I thought they looked at applications after the deadline? Has that happened to you? Do you believe it's a glitch? I'm feeling pretty down right now, as it was my top school. =/

They're currently reviewing applications but they don't start inviting for interviews until the deadline -- are you sure you've applied to the right semester? mine still says decision pending. If it's for spring/summer 2019 & you believe this is an error I would call (: 

good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Want to wish everyone else good luck! I did the same thing with the Personal Statements. Mary Jo is wonderful. But I am having problems with my GRE scores being sent to the school via CASPA.... has anyone else had similar issues?

Also, just curious if anyone has done any mock interviews? If so, who did you use/go to? I'm researching as much as I can and reading up on as much info.

On 8/11/2018 at 9:16 AM, Emt212 said:

Hey guys! Want to wish everyone else good luck! I did the same thing with the Personal Statements. Mary Jo is wonderful. But I am having problems with my GRE scores being sent to the school via CASPA.... has anyone else had similar issues?

Also, just curious if anyone has done any mock interviews? If so, who did you use/go to? I'm researching as much as I can and reading up on as much info.

I would highly advise doing at least a couple of mock interviews if you are able.  If you are still in undergrad, you could conceivably go to the career center and do mock interviews there.  When I was preparing for my interview, I did a few mock interviews with friends of mine who were in professional school at the time, as well as with my boss.  Whomever you do your mock interview with, make sure they're not throwing you softball questions:  you want to be prepared to address any apparent holes in your application, ethical questions, and make sure you understand what it is a PA does.  You would be shocked how many people don't even know what a PA does.

Also, check out Dave the PA coach on YouTube.  His channel is pretty helpful for interview preparation:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePAcoach

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I am not in undergrad anylonger. I am signing up for a mock interview with the PA platform as well as with a few friends who are in PA school and MD/DO programs. I am going through a large variety of questions; traditional, behavioral, ethical, random (like what kind of hobbies do you have?) 

Thank you for the link! I'm definitely going to check it out! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2018 at 7:41 PM, wannabeapa1 said:

Do you guys think it makes any sense to go to an informational meeting if I've already submitted my application? I suppose it could help get some insight for if I get chosen for an interview, just not sure if it makes sense at this point but it's something I'm considering! 

I have heard that they like to see that you've attended at least one information session! They don't have you sign in or anything but they could probably ask in the interview to see if youve gone to one. 

On 8/26/2018 at 7:41 PM, wannabeapa1 said:

Do you guys think it makes any sense to go to an informational meeting if I've already submitted my application? I suppose it could help get some insight for if I get chosen for an interview, just not sure if it makes sense at this point but it's something I'm considering! 

You absolutely should, without question, attend an information session, even if for no other reason than to show to faculty that you have attended an information session.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 7:51 PM, Emt212 said:

I already have an interview for the 19th for another school. Hopefully, if I get an invite for an interview here, they won't conflict! 

They will email and ask you which days are convenient for you, and if there ends up being a conflict, you can do the interview on an alternate day. 

14 hours ago, pagirl17 said:

Are you reapplying this year? If so, would you mind sharing what you did differently to increase your chances of acceptance. Thank you.

Sure - my GPA & GRE are the same as they were last year, 3.6 GPA & 312, 4.5 GRE

Pretty much everything else changed. I have another years worth of clinical experience, shadowing, research, and volunteer experience. I also am now a member of MAPA & AAPA this year & I built stronger relationships with my letter writers - resulting in 3 stronger letters, one from a PA.

Archived