2018-2019 Applicants

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, pfeifertrpa said:

So, does anybody know what this med. terminology quiz is going to be like (aside from what it has on their study guide thing)? Like, format? Do we know if this will be M/C? FITB? Anything?

I'm not too worried about the material, but I'd just like to know what to expect, ya know? 

Thanks, guys!

I have been looking on their website, the email from the invite, and past years threads and can't find anything on the format. Last years thread didn't even mention the test so I wonder if this is a new thing... I made a quizlet from the study guide to refresh on some of the stuff. I'd be happy to share that with anybody who wants it!

5 hours ago, JohnnyLAX9 said:

I have been looking on their website, the email from the invite, and past years threads and can't find anything on the format. Last years thread didn't even mention the test so I wonder if this is a new thing... I made a quizlet from the study guide to refresh on some of the stuff. I'd be happy to share that with anybody who wants it!

Well, shoot. That's crazy. Maybe so, but I feel like I've heard about this before. Maybe a friend who attended told me about it? Not sure, but I'll text him and see.

Yea! I'll take all the help I can get if you don't mind sharing. Appreciate it!

6 hours ago, JohnnyLAX9 said:

I am!

Ok, cool. I'm currently trying to figure out what I'm doing. My family has a place in Little Rock (about an hour from Searcy), and I'm trying to see if I'm going to stay there and save a few bucks or if I want to stay at the on-campus hotel. Do you mind me asking how much it was? If I end up staying there, I probably wouldn't mind just giving you a ride and we could just split the gas money or something. Should be much cheaper. Up to you though!

Of course, no promises yet. I don't know what I'm doing. But yea, if that works out, I'd be happy to give you a ride. ? 

18 hours ago, pfeifertrpa said:

Ok, cool. I'm currently trying to figure out what I'm doing. My family has a place in Little Rock (about an hour from Searcy), and I'm trying to see if I'm going to stay there and save a few bucks or if I want to stay at the on-campus hotel. Do you mind me asking how much it was? If I end up staying there, I probably wouldn't mind just giving you a ride and we could just split the gas money or something. Should be much cheaper. Up to you though!

Of course, no promises yet. I don't know what I'm doing. But yea, if that works out, I'd be happy to give you a ride. ? 

I found the cheapest room possible and it was a little under $150 for two nights. The ride would be great if it works out! Thank you!

4 hours ago, JohnnyLAX9 said:

I found the cheapest room possible and it was a little under $150 for two nights. The ride would be great if it works out! Thank you!

Yea? I couldn't find any rooms that were just a single. They all had two beds. Idk if I'm going to stay there or not. What days are you staying? 

@pfeifertrpa@JohnnyLAX9 Hello, I'm also flying in on September 6th around noon for the interview on the 7th. If it is not too much to ask, would you be willing to spare another seat if you decide to drive through? Gas money will, of course, be included. 

Also, this place is a half a mile walk to the University and cost me $92 plus tax for two nights. 

M Star Hotel Searcy
2203 East Race Avenue, Searcy, AR 72143, United States of America -

12 minutes ago, 907ahummel said:

@pfeifertrpa@JohnnyLAX9 Hello, I'm also flying in on September 6th around noon for the interview on the 7th. If it is not too much to ask, would you be willing to spare another seat if you decide to drive through? Gas money will, of course, be included. 

Also, this place is a half a mile walk to the University and cost me $92 plus tax for two nights. 

M Star Hotel Searcy
2203 East Race Avenue, Searcy, AR 72143, United States of America -

Yea, I don't mind as long as it all works out. I haven't really decided what I'm doing, but I'm going to look at that hotel you sent. Are both of you coming in on the 6th and staying the night of the 6th and 7th and flying back out on the 8th? 

@JohnnyLAX9 When will you get to LR? 

2 hours ago, rhall13 said:

To the guys and gals who have received interviews, do you mind sharing your stats?

cGPA: 3.78

sGPA: 3.78

BCP: 3.65

PCE: 330 hours at time of submission

HCE: 110 hours

Volunteering: 90 hours

Shadowing: 165 hours across 9 specialities 

extras: 4 year Student-Athlete at Arkansas State University, chemistry tutor for student-athletes (80 hours), 2 years on Student Athlete Advisory Committee for leadership, coached a junior volleyball team, conducted and presented my own research project at my university’s research fair, various awards and honors from the university and from my athletic conference for GPA. 

cGPA: 3.26

sGPA: 3.24

GRE: Verbal: 155 (69%) Quantitative 154 (55%) Writing 4.0 (60%)

PCE: 5489 hours at time of submission, rough 3500 of those as a Community Health Worker, roughly 2000 of those as radiology/MRI tech assistant

HCE: 642 hours 

Volunteering: 4067 hours

Shadowing: 42 hours

extras: A lot of leadership experience with a student ministry at Boise State, leadership experience working with a local community collaborative, coached a youth lacrosse team, a lot of work towards helping found a Community Health Worker association in Idaho,  spent a summer working at a summer camp for at risk youths near Cincinnati

1 hour ago, lctexas4 said:

cGPA: 3.78

sGPA: 3.78

BCP: 3.65

PCE: 330 hours at time of submission

HCE: 110 hours

Volunteering: 90 hours

Shadowing: 165 hours across 9 specialities 

extras: 4 year Student-Athlete at Arkansas State University, chemistry tutor for student-athletes (80 hours), 2 years on Student Athlete Advisory Committee for leadership, coached a junior volleyball team, conducted and presented my own research project at my university’s research fair, various awards and honors from the university and from my athletic conference for GPA. 

When did you submit your supplemental application?

On 8/20/2018 at 9:05 PM, JohnnyLAX9 said:

@pfeifertrpa I am staying the 6th and the 7th but a friend of a friend who moved from Boise to Little Rock said they could give me a ride from the airport to Harding. Thank you though! I do agree though that it would be good to get together with everyone after the interview!

Alright, cool! Sorry I didn't get my crap together sooner and kinda left you hanging there. Either way, glad you got it taken care of. If something falls through or something, pm me on here and I should be able to help you out.

I wouldn't mind sticking around the day of the interview to hang out. Sounds like a good time ??

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I just wanted to pass on  little info that I gathered after talking to Ms. Murphy at one of the info sessions:

The application is rolling, yes, but they'll hold spots in the class until all the interview dates are over. They have 1-2 interview dates each month between September and February. And! She said she won't necessarily base interview offers on when everything was turned in. Since it's rolling, it's really beneficial to have had everything in early, but she could theoretically say to herself, "I think he/she looks like a great candidate; I'd really rather interview him/her in January after they finished up this science class they're taking in the fall." 

The supplemental gets sent out if you've met the prereqs, and then they'll choose interviews from there.  So! For Harding in particular, no news is good news! There's still a looonnngg way to go in the interview season, so don't get discouraged!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived