2018-2019- Yale Online PA Application

Guest thatgirlonabike

6 hours ago, CM2018 said:

Hi guys!

I’m new here, but just received notice that my application was under review for interview decisions. I was wondering how long it took for you guys to hear back to schedule your interviews?

I heard about a week and a half after I received that email!

• Like 1

Applying late... for essay#1 did most of you rework your personal statement submitted to programs participating in CASPA, or did you write a new essay entirely? I am happy with my personal statement but want to ensure it encompasses all of the essay question. Wanted to see what others did ?

11 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Applying late... for essay#1 did most of you rework your personal statement submitted to programs participating in CASPA, or did you write a new essay entirely? I am happy with my personal statement but want to ensure it encompasses all of the essay question. Wanted to see what others did ?

I wrote an entire new essay, but incorporated ideas from my caspa personal statement. Good luck! 

• Upvote 1

On 8/2/2018 at 9:37 PM, mvatican said:

For those already interviewed: how long after your interview did you hear back? 

On 8/2/2018 at 9:41 PM, Melva said:

They said a week or two. The wait is the hardest part! 

I think we'll definitely hear something by the end of this week! ??

I submitted ages ago, but I don't finish my 5th prerequisite until the middle of September. So, my application isn't eligible for review until then. Is anyone else in this boat? I only saw a few posts from last year of people with later submissions. This is my top choice, but part of me wonders if I should have waited until next year and applied early decision.

54 minutes ago, KhaliaB said:

I submitted ages ago, but I don't finish my 5th prerequisite until the middle of September. So, my application isn't eligible for review until then. Is anyone else in this boat? I only saw a few posts from last year of people with later submissions. This is my top choice, but part of me wonders if I should have waited until next year and applied early decision.

I still have one prerequisite that I won't finish until the end of the month and I got my interview invitation today.  I would double check with them to see if there is anything else missing that is preventing your application from being put under review.  Not to mention their website says you are allowed to have one outstanding prerequisite up until mid September I believe.

So you need 5 of 6 done to be reviewed. You are 5/6. I am 4/6. I have A&P II and Microbio left. Microbio will finish the week of the 15 of September. Since I submitted, as long as I have the transcript sent/ received by Oct 1 then I will still be reviewed. I chatted with Sanjay at length that I would still be reviewed. He assured me I would. The final deadline to 'submit' is 1 Sept. All materials must be in one month later (1 Oct), like the early decision deadline and priority deadline.

I love hearing about everyone's interview invites, but I am pulling my hair out.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2018 at 9:42 AM, SJ0218 said:

That's a good question! I would reach out to your admissions counselor if you haven't already. They'd have the best answer for you! Sounds like something you would definitely want to include. Here is their email ?

admissions@paonline.yale.edu

For anyone else in the same boat - I contacted them and was told to add all work experience. Hope this is helpful! 

Don't count yourself out yet. I submitted ages ago but have to finish one more course before I meet the 5/6 requirement for pre-reqs. Literally, they wont get my final transcript until the last week of September. 

I also got a call on Friday from Sanjay; he called to make sure I was still on track with my course and to assure me that I would still have my app reviewed as soon as I emailed the (official)  transcript. 

Keep believing.

@KhaliaB thank you! You are right! It ain't over till it's over ?. I interviewed with the program and others from the same round have received acceptances, which doesn't bode well. it seems like in the past, the rejection letters soon followed for the other interviewees. I'm wrong to lose hope though! For you, I've been told there will definitely be seats kept available until all applications are received and reviewed. Thanks for the pep talk and good luck! The program is a dream. 

@PAlife91 hi! I think there are many people (including myself) that applied to this program because they're interested in an option that doesn't require moving and allows for building relationships and clinical experiences within their own communities. However, I've seen a few people on this forum that applied to both! 

The standards as well as info about cohort stats are provided on each program website so you can take a looky.

I was fortunate to have an interview and I felt that the online format was smooth and painless. 

Good luck!