2018-2019- Yale Online PA Application

Guest thatgirlonabike

Side note there is a Facebook group for the upcoming cohort. Going into the last round of interviews there were 48 members. It went to 49 shortly after, then to 48, and back to 49. They are taking 60 people, so take that for what it's worth.  Pretty much no new members after the last interview round have been added to that group. It is hard to say how many people were missing from that group to begin with. My gut is telling me there was less than 5 spots remaining when the last interviews happened. I don't know how many people will decide they don't want to go to Yale out of a class of 60 in probably the most competitive college field I have seen. When I was taking the pre reqs to my classes the head of the PA student body came in to talk to us about the program. His pep talk was "Well the PA program that is right for you is the one that accepts you." Nationwide 51% of people get into a program. Southern California where I live local programs see 4000 applicants for 50 spots. We desperately need practitioners but we have no schools to train them and Yale is the only available distance program in the country. I hope their program works because it will give access to people that simply cannot go to school based on logistics or competition. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, corimoreno said:

I haven’t received any response at all! I reached out to the advisor that was helping me and no response either. Not sure who to contact here for some information. I didn’t receive a denial email either so I’m just not such where to turn to.

I would try emailing or calling the general admissions office if you haven't heard anything from your advisor! admissions@paonline.yale.edu

On 11/26/2018 at 2:24 PM, Lindsay727 said:

For those waitlisted, I just gave up my seat in the program to attend another program. I hope this serves as great news for someone soon! Best of luck to you all! 🙂 

Congrats on getting your choice of programs! I found out Friday I got an interview with my local school Western. Hopefully one of these two paths work out for me.