2018-2019 Application cycle

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give you all an update from the 12/10 interview session. We were told that 12/10 would be the last interview session that they conducted (unless something has changed since then). If you've been waitlisted, it sounds like they will continue to pull from the waitlist for months, so keep an eye on your emails/the online portal. For everyone else, congrats on getting in, good luck hearing back soon, or keep your heads up!! You are all impressive and resilient, and we'll all get there!

• Like 2

Guest doostinim
1 minute ago, thefoxjumpedoverthemoon said:

Has anyone who interviewed in December had their checklist changed to indicate that they did not get in? Since some have been accepted, as reflected on their portal, I'm just wondering if those who are waitlisted/rejected have yet to have their portal updated...

If you were waitlisted, pre-reqs should have showed up under your applicant checklist. I'm not sure about being rejected though.

Guest doostinim
9 hours ago, Ssarabia13 said:

Has anyone heard back from 12/10 interviews? Acceptance or waitlists? Trying to gauge if I will hear back today. 

I interviewed that day as well and haven't heard anything. I believe that I'm waitlisted, so I'm expecting a mail to show up by next week.

Guest doostinim
4 hours ago, Ssarabia13 said:

Hi! Thanks for replying. Why do you think you are waitlisted? Was your portal info updated? Thanks 🙂

If your applicant checklist shows pre-requisites, it means that you are waitlisted. I learned this by reading through previous cycles' threads and the same thing happened to me for MWU Downers Grove.

Guest doostinim

I interviewed on 12/10 and I received my official waitlist letter today.

I got accepted off of MWU Downers Grove's waitlist, so I'll be planning on attending there. Good luck to the rest of you and congratulations to those accepted!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 8:18 PM, ffastfeet8 said:

Does anyone know if we are required to report our parent's income for fasfa? Fafsa states that it is not required for fafsa specifically, but that we may be required by our program to include the information when we submit. I'm not sure what to do in this situation. 

You may have already completed the FAFSA by now but the school website said it was not required. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 8:18 PM, ffastfeet8 said:

Does anyone know if we are required to report our parent's income for fasfa? Fafsa states that it is not required for fafsa specifically, but that we may be required by our program to include the information when we submit. I'm not sure what to do in this situation. 

It is not required

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently trying to decide between Midwestern and another great school and I am honestly feeling pretty discouraged by the business casual dress code. Not only am I not big on being uncomfortable all day in class, its also frustrating to know I'll be spending time each morning on my appearance rather than catching up on sleep or studying. I'm trying not to let it sway my decision, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't at least a little bit. Is anyone else feeling this same way?Any current students have any insight on this? 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 7:28 PM, ffastfeet8 said:

I am currently trying to decide between Midwestern and another great school and I am honestly feeling pretty discouraged by the business casual dress code. Not only am I not big on being uncomfortable all day in class, its also frustrating to know I'll be spending time each morning on my appearance rather than catching up on sleep or studying. I'm trying not to let it sway my decision, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't at least a little bit. Is anyone else feeling this same way?Any current students have any insight on this? 

Hey, current student here! I was definitely bummed about the dress code initially too, I imagined being in scrubs or comfy clothes all day long and was most definitely about comfort in undergrad. We do have casual/scrub Fridays (and Mondays in the summer), so you do get a break from it every week. I get why they do it, our campus is all professional programs and there are times where you'll see some questionable fashion choices because not all programs have a dress code. When rotations come around, business casual/professional will be a reality so I think the idea is to have us prepared for that now. 

Personally, I don't think that the dress code has impacted my sleep or studying (PA school and my intense desire to procrastinate take care of that for me haha). Really, I get up a little earlier and use my morning routine as a bit of personal time. I like to watch game shows and trash TV while I do my makeup and make coffee. You kinda get a rotation of outfits and things you like to wear so it  isn't really a huge struggle. However, if you feel that it would be a huge negative impact on your life that is something you shouldn't ignore completely. Think about each of the programs and how you felt while you were there and go with wherever you thought was the best fit for you!

I'm sure you can't go wrong either way, but if you have any more questions about the program feel free to reach out!