2018-2019 Application cycle

1 hour ago, Andy20035 said:

I keep hearing conflicting opinions on whether or not Midwestern actually denies anyone. Based on their numbers, I feel like everyone gets waitlisted? Anyone have any information on this? 

Unfortunately or fortunately, I have never heard of anyone getting right out rejected by Midwestern. On every wait-list, there is a ranking. But almost all of the school keeps it a secret. Hope for the best, but also focus on other schools. From the information given by previous years, they do not start contacting the top picks from the alternate list until sometime in February or March. If there is anyone with more information, please share. 

53 minutes ago, metroT said:

Unfortunately or fortunately, I have never heard of anyone getting right out rejected by Midwestern. On every wait-list, there is a ranking. But almost all of the school keeps it a secret. Hope for the best, but also focus on other schools. From the information given by previous years, they do not start contacting the top picks from the alternate list until sometime in February or March. If there is anyone with more information, please share. 

Yeah I assumed as much.

5 hours ago, RadTek2PA said:

Same situation ?

I have been thinking about that interview for years now, and when it came, I got so nervous and showed ZERO personality.  I am kicking myself so hard for getting freaked out right now.  

Absolute heartbreak for me here ?

Congrats to everyone that DID get in though!

So are you guys saying that if under applicant checklist it has sections for required documents, required exams, and required prerequisites then you have been waitlisted?  Can't find any info from looking back at old posts!  I am honestly unsure what it looked like before!

7 minutes ago, bonbon123 said:

oh okay thank you. I interviewed the 17th and I had that applicant checklist pop up and im worried this means I got waitlisted. ? which is really heartbreaking but it seems super fast for them to have made a decision within just one day. 

i believe they were meeting today to discuss all interviews the 13-17. did the same "accepted" checklist pop up , with an option to place your deposit ? because i didn't get the call I was worried that I was waitlisted, but I assume that checklist wouldn't pop up with those options if it were a waitlist vs acceptance. 

10 hours ago, bonbon123 said:

oh okay thank you. I interviewed the 17th and I had that applicant checklist pop up and im worried this means I got waitlisted. ? which is really heartbreaking but it seems super fast for them to have made a decision within just one day. 

Call them to confirm, but that’s what happened to me and I got waitlisted.

Everyone who gets waitlisted should also be receiving an official letter in the mail that says you have been waitlisted. It should come within 2 weeks of your interview. If your checklist shows what prereq's you still need and no new applicant checklist then you have been waitlisted. If you did get rejected then you should also be receiving an official letter in the mail within 2 weeks of your interview. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bonbon123 said:

Yeah I’m an alternate ?? really sad about it 

Sorry about your luck, I am in the same boat ? 

Any chance they mentioned whether or not interviewee’s are able to actually get rejected?  Or is everyone considered an “alternate” once they interview?

Have we gotten a definite answer to that?

1 minute ago, RadTek2PA said:

Any chance they mentioned whether or not interviewee’s are able to actually get rejected?  Or is everyone considered an “alternate” once they interview?

I haven't had anything change on my portal so I'm assuming that I've been rejected.

I looked at last years thread and when someone called in January they had over 200 on the waitlist.  So if they interview 15% of 2000-2500 applicants and accept ~100, sounds like they just put the rest on the waitlist.  Maybe they feel bad rejecting people...haha.  Guess all we can do is hope we’re towards the top!  Everyone I met was so kind and I would be so happy to have you guys in my class wherever we end up going! Good luck ?

4 hours ago, RadTek2PA said:

I think everyone is an alternate... they had like 200 people on the alternate list last year and I think they interviewed like 300 and accepted around 100. And I read way back in the forums and didn’t see anyone getting rejected after their interview. This makes me feel bad though haha. Like being an “alternate” doesn’t mean much to me if 2/3 of the people who interviewed are also alternates. Don’t want to be a downer, because there is still a chance for the alternates but not as high a chance if it was a shorter list. I think they just don’t want to hurt people’s feelings by rejecting them. But I would also rather know if I’m moving to Arizona or not sooner than later lol. 

15 hours ago, bonbon123 said:

I think everyone is an alternate... they had like 200 people on the alternate list last year and I think they interviewed like 300 and accepted around 100. And I read way back in the forums and didn’t see anyone getting rejected after their interview. This makes me feel bad though haha. Like being an “alternate” doesn’t mean much to me if 2/3 of the people who interviewed are also alternates. Don’t want to be a downer, because there is still a chance for the alternates but not as high a chance if it was a shorter list. I think they just don’t want to hurt people’s feelings by rejecting them. But I would also rather know if I’m moving to Arizona or not sooner than later lol. 

I wish they do reveal the ranking. Some MD or DO programs actually reveals this information. As an applicant, I want to know what are my chances and what I should do from this point. 

Edited by metroT
  • Upvote 1

On 9/24/2018 at 6:02 AM, PAtobe615 said:

Has anyone been pulled off of the interview waitlist and received an actual interview? I am on it right now, and I don't think its looking promising.

I am on the waitlist for an interview as well.  People get pulled off that list to interview all the time, just keep hoping.